Sunday, October 3, 2010

If I Had A Title...

I'd title in the morning, I'd title in the evening, all over this land.  I'd title out danger... I'd title out something something... I'd title out love between my brothers and my sisters... all over this land.

You know you like that song.  Don't deny it.  :)

First off, I am going to freaking bed after this update.  It is 3:00 in the dang morning.  :)  I have a lot to get through too.  So we'll just try to go through it in some kind of order.  :)   Wish me luck. 

First off I want to give a big shout out to Cole.  He is Kim's son, and he had a huge huge huge P.R. yesterday.  20:08 on the 5K.  I think that is a couple minutes off his old P.R.  I am not sure how old he is, I think early teens, if not pre-teen.  He did have one other course shortened quicker time I believe.  That was 4 minutes, but everyone thought the course was short.  :)   I know about those.  :)

My run yesterday was pretty good.  I wanted to just get in a nice soft 15 miler, but "The Man with Many First Names" decided to have a great day.  I kept thinking about things, and every couple minutes I would find myself about 5 steps or so behind him.  That Bastard!!!  :)  I logged it out as 15 miles @ 8:38 pace I think.  I am not sure about the mileage, but the pace seems about right.  I think our first 5 miles were like 8:50 or so, and we picked it up. 

You know what maybe I don't have a ton of stuff to write about.  I will let you know what makes Alan so great as a coach of a running group.  We ran the course yesterday.  It was me Bob and Jeff-Steve-Scott  (not sure of the order) and we ran the course.  Bob is running Chicago, so he didn't even have to run with us.  Everyone else had other running plans.  A couple guys from the group are running the marathon in the twin cities.  Alan ALWAYS goes out of the way to do different things.  He thinks up new workouts, and every session is always different.  The Gazelle running group puts water coolers out.  Alan is with us every step of the way.  That is why we ALWAYS come back.  :)  Thanks Alan for everything!!!  :)

Now this here is pretty exciting.  I think I am going to the Chicago Marathon next weekend with Alan and Matt.  Matt is running Twin Cities today.  Bob is running Chicago, so I will see him.  Guess what pace he is starting out at??  3:10.  You know what that means??  I may see IN PERSON one of the bloggers I read.  Jen H.  WOW!!  That would be something huh?  Will I say hi or be shy?  :) ... to be determined.   Bob is like Jen in 3:10 may be a bit slow for him, but a good pace for at least the first half or so. 

Bob said something yesterday that I have been thinking about for a while.  He said...due to the heat.... he hasn't felt his running was all that great.  When the temps cooled he realized... WOW!!!  maybe I am in pretty good shape.  Like I said a tough summer of training.  Hot Hot Hot!!!  :)

It will be interesting to see how we all do.  :)

That is it for today!!!  :)

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!  :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  too tired for a p.s.  Going back to bed!!!   :)

Now for real cya!!!  :)

No comments: