Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Suck At Staycationing!!!

You would think having 9 days off I would get a ton of crap done around the house huh?  umm no.   Holy Crap, do I suck at staycationing.  I read some, watched some movies, hung out a bit, listened to some music, made Lisa cook all the meals, and do all the cleaning.  ;)  

On Thursday I think... I ran a little 6 miler, and felt a little something something in my shin.  Maybe it was Friday.  I have so much confidence in my legs right now I feel like I can run almost every day.  I felt my shin like I said.  The only injury I ever get.  Kinda like a shin splint.  So I took 3 days more off, and am running tonight.  No long runs this weekend like planned, but I am not afraid to take a few days off here, just so I don't miss a month there.  Actually you know me... blessing in disguise.  I feel like maybe my legs are now rested up, so it can train for speed, not endurance.  Marathon you train to go slowish for a long time.  I am going for a 5K now.  I want to go fast for a short period.  You know the caveat (is that even the right word???)  fast for me. 

So here is the plan.  Tuesday night run downtown Holland.  Usually 6 miles.  Saturday or Sunday go long with Jim and Jerry.  Really don't need to do much more than 10 miles.  I have to add a speed day.  My speed day will be like my 4 or 6 mile route, followed by 4-1.25 mile repeats.  The 4 or 6 mile route can even be cut down to 2-3 miles too.  Guess it all depends on the legs.  I am so used to 10 mile workouts so who knows.  Maybe my legs aren't ready for that right now.  Add a day here and a day there.  piece 'o cake!!  :)

Anyway you want to know what??  I am pretty excited about 5K training.  Let's face it most of my time is distance training, so this is like all brand new.  I am ready to get at it.  This is the little shit that makes life fun for me.  I am a nut, and I am looney as they come.  I say that as fun, although I totally totally believe in my direction. How about 5K training after marathon training?  That is totally something different.  It is like a whole new world.  ME ME ME always got a race on my mind I am training for.  Keeps everything fun.  :)

Like I said before, and maybe I will say again you never know.  This is fun for me.  I do this for fun.  It is fun.  I put myself on the line to do as good as I can given my circumstances.  I will never be a huge mileage guy.  That being said, My last non-100 mile month was 1 year ago.  I am probably like 16/17 100 mile months in a row.  I build a bigger and bigger base for improvement.  Next stop 5K Thanksgiving. 

I got that!!!    :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. I slept til like 12:30 tonight, or rather stayed in bed.  Luckily my sleep patterns are as normal as they come.  Oh another thing Lisa and I watched "She's All That" last night.  Good movie.... still.  I need to get "Serendipity" sometime now too.  :)

now for really really really cya cya cya!!!!   :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

YEAH for 5K training!! You sound exciting which can only mean one thing - you are going to rock it! :)