Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Getting A Bit Ahead

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am okay. I didn't think I slept good, but I guess it wasn't bad. My wife woke me up around 9:30 with her loud phone, and laptop, and I didn't feel like I could fall asleep. I did I guess, but I spent so much time in REM sleep it was hard to tell. I've been REM'ing a lot lately. That's probably a good thing. 

Even though it was wet as heck outside,  i got most of my garden in. 12 tomatoes,  4 cucumbers, and 2 yellow squash/zuchinni. I just have radishes, green zucchini, and beans to go. I can probably add some herbs too, but really just wanted the veggies in. Before Memorial day too. That's always the goal. 

It isn't hard, but we just had a lot of weeds. The plan is to take care of that shit better this year. We also had gyros for dinner,  and that is always so fricken good. Work was a little under 4 hours, so I had extra time yesterday. So far we are open Wed-Saturday, so Monday is easy. My grass people are coming out today too, so that's exciting. I have to cut the grass again, cuz of the rain. 

The weather was shitty again yesterday, but the rain held off a bit so I could get some shit done outside. After today we will have 70° and sunny for a few days. I bet we can finish up the mulch. It will end up being a busy week. 

It is Memorial day too, and nothing is open. The kickoff to Summer.  :)  One of the good things of being old is I have no desire to go to a bar. When you are 30, you probably go on a 3 day bender. When you are my age, not sure what you want. Crowds aren't it though. 

I don't know what I am going to do with all my cucumbers, zucchini,  and tomatoes. I better come up with a plan I guess. 

Anyway, life goes on. I am starting to worry less and less about the virus, although the numbers still look pretty high. My county had a big day, but I understand a nursing home got hit. That was about 25 miles North of me. As far as numbers go Florida, and Texas will probably overtake us soon. It's hard to believe we were #3, and now all of a sudden Illinois is about to double us. I have no idea what's going on there. Obviously Cook county, and surrounding ones, but why the late start in cases I don't get. I read I thought Detroit had flights to and from China, so maybe that's why New York, and us got hit so early. We've all been on lockdown. I know LA sucks right now too. Nasty little bugger. 

Anyway today will be busy. Lots to do at work. All week will be busy. Memorial Day weekend. I was thinking earlier what are the old people who used to work out doing?  I know I rarely see old people out walking. I feel their generation ate a lot, and exercised little. Lived a life of excess. Maybe just a life with very very little exercise. I fear some of those battling diabetes are probably struggling. 

Anyway today is a day. I think I am going to stop drinking for a bit. I know I know you heard it from me 1000 times, but I think I'll give it another try. Eventually it just has to work right?  I toll you, I am weak as fuck.   :)

Laterzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: