Sunday, May 24, 2020

2 Days Off, And A Truck Of Mulch

Good morning. How's it going?  Me I am fine. I got two days off in a row. We did a yard of mulch on Friday, and we got one more. We may need two more after this. One more for sure. I am sore as fuck pretty much everywhere. Just getting old I guess. 71 miles last week, and I actually gained a pound. I feel I am healthy. My blood pressure is good, so I guess it's all good. 

My Saturday job is safe, although we are down to 6 people. 4 FT during the week,  and us two Saturday guys. It is a ghost town on Saturdays. I saw only one other person there yesterday. I heard they laid off another 80 people too. The company is still sitting on a pile of cash. Less cash will be coming in though. Just think of all the work HR people did to hire hire hire the last couple of years,  and I heard from an unofficial source they laid off 1500 people so far. 1500 out of 9000 employees if that is accurate.  Also they are only running 4 days instead of 5, but more realistically 6 or 7. That's just the area I  work in. There are a lot more buildings, and I am not sure at what capacity they are running. It could be close to zero percent for all I know. 

What it means is our unemployment in this area will rise, and all the trouble with it. Crime goes up etc...   We are not a high crime area I don't think, but desperate people do desperate things at times. 

I am safe though, and I am secure. It is a nice holiday weekend, and there is a nasty virus taking some fun out of it. You know what?  I actually like the peace and quiet. I have no desire for big parties and big get togethers. Work, eat, sleep. I don't really have any goals except to be active. Stay as healthy as possible. Secure in all things is good. Are we ever?   Probably not. Since regardless we all will die. I am okay though. When life pulled. I turned. That made all the difference. You have no idea either. Couldn't even explain it to you. Maybe I tried before, who knows?  

I'm good though you know?  I have everything I want. All I want is nothing. I am content. No yearning. I am like Gentex kinda. Sitting on a pile of cash, but nothing to spend it on. Unlike Gentex I don't need a healthy car market to keep my future in good hands. 

Anyway, I have a day today. Should be a good one. I have a day off tomorrow too. I am not dreading it either. Maybe this pandemic helped me enjoy a day off a bit more. 

Laterzzzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.          :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: