Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Riverbed Manicures...

and other ways to make sure your team wins!!!  :)

You know the routine, title first, and go from there.  There were no workouts yesterday, just a bike to work and back.  I had to do a couple things for Lisa in the yard, and she said it was hammock time for her.  That was really her way of saying Steve make yourself a drink, sit outside, and listen to some music.  That is what I did.  At work we were talking of making a nice meal.  Not really sure what we intended, but we figured we would go shopping and make something.  Do you ever get like that?  In the morning you have all these ideas of things you want to do, and boom.  You get off work, and your like.... nah!!  We ordered Pizza!!  :)  On Tuesday nights the place down the road has a buy one get one free.  So we got a vegetarian one, and a sausage and mushroom one.  I ate two pieces of each.  :)

Another thought I had yesterday was bike riding.  You know in the Spring I want to ride my road bike like 8 million miles each week, and as the summer drags on it becomes work.  I really enjoy riding my work bike to work and back though.  Our Hardware manager Tony said he is the same way with his motorcycle.  Spring a billion miles, and then it slows down.  I guess you survive the weekdays in February, and everything looks great in April.  By August you are used to everything.  As fall approaches you get excited a bit about doing cold weather stuff.  Cooking a nice meal, having a bottle of wine, is one of my favorite things during cold weather.  It is all great, until you are smack dab in the middle of weekdays in February.  :)

I love change, and I love the change of seasons.  I love running in it all.  Bike riding might get old, but running never does.  4,6,8 milers whatever.  They are all great when it is cold.  That is how I think, I know everyone is different.  I didn't mind swimming, but indoor biking is the worst.  :)

I was thinking of some of my earliest childhood memories.  In Cedar Rapids me and my brothers would play football.  I think John, and instead of going for touchdowns we went...or at least I did.... for a little mudhole to get all dirty so I could look like a football player.  I looked tough.  I am sure I won the game too.  :)

We had a garbage burning can in the back yard.  It was burning garbage.  I touched it to see if it was hot.   It was.  :)

In Palatine, Illinois my first memory I remember was being in the front yard at the corner of the house.  I was 6.  No thoughts about anything, but that is my first memory of being in Palatine.  :)

I once was late for first grade class.  I was too shy to show up late, so I decided to walk a street by our house 473 million times, and figured class would be out by then.  I made it like twice, and headed to the back of our shed.  My Dad found my shivering body, and told me we were going to class.  I cried, because I was scared.  He said I'll kick your ass if you don't go.  I said o.k.  kick my ass.  :)  We went to school, and Mrs. McKenzie hugged me when my Dad told her the story.  :)

Holy Shit was I a shy kid.  :)


That is it for today!!!  :)

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!  :)

p.s.  I have a feeling I know the workout tonight.  Not telling here though!!!  :)

Now for real cya!!!  :)

No comments: