Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blackberries...

Blueberries + Sharpie, or just stairway guides that help protect the feet??   hmmm....    :)

Not really sure if I have anything to blog about really, but I'll just play along, and see where it goes.  I am up anyway. 

So the run yesterday.  I was planning on grinding, guess what??  No grind.  It was all easy for me.  I had one of those days.  We started off, and I was standing outside, and it was cold.  I was like, I don't know how to dress for this kind of weather.  Short-sleeve shirt.  WOW!!  been a while, and I ended up with bloody nipples to prove  to myself I don't know how to run with a shirt on anymore.  It has been way too long.  I re-remembered after this day.  :)

So anyway, off I go at my own pace, which was a solo run pace for a bit.  After 4-5 miles The man with many first names and I went together.  Nothing really happened just clipping off the miles.  We got to the beach so the wind could spray the sand at us at 842 mph.  We decided that hurt, but looked on the bright side, and that is we wouldn't have to exfoliate when we get home.  :D    Not that I know what that is, but still found that to be a positive thing.  :)

So this is the 1/2 Marathon course, and around mile 10 it clicks, I start picking up the pace.  I don't pick up race day pace, but it is like in me to pick it up there.  At mile 11 I pick it up some more.  I am feeling good.  I am not going all out 5K pace, like I will on race day, but perhaps 25K pace.  Alan is stopped at the mile 12'ish marker.  I thought that was weird.  He had an easy way for us to tack on miles though.  Instead of going straight to the church, we can take a left.  Go all the way down and back is adding 6 miles, and Take a left at the church and go to the next light is 2 miles there and back.  I went home and mapped it.  It was exactly 8 miles.  I took it easy pretty much til our last water stop.  At 17.5 mile the legs were bouncing off the pavement.  The man with many first names fell back a bit.  He would grind out the rest of his miles to finish with 22.1  I took off.  I don't know what my pace was for the last 3.5 miles, but it was fast.  The legs were great  They kept going, and bouncing.  Really a great day for me.  No negative effects, and I napped til 3:00 p.m.  :)

21.1 @ 8:52  Good enough.

Like I said, I really don't have much today.   I finished my book, and it wasn't really sad like I thought it was going to be.  It was more just a pretty honest portrayal of a man's life.  Mistakes he made, people he hurt, and him feeling pretty bad he isn't perfect.  Wishing he didn't hurt people, but doing so anyway.  I am reading another of the guys books now.  "Norwegian Wood"  :)

White Sox sweep the double header to gain a 1/2 game on the Twins.  Sweep 2 in Boston.  Starting the road trip 5-0.  WOW!!  Now this here is a race!! 

That is it for me today!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!  :)

Love You All!!!  :)

Congrats to all who managed to grind out your miles.  You will be stronger for it.  :)

Now that my friends is a wrap!!  :)

cya!!!  :)

No comments: