Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just The Run-- Ha!! Prolly Not!!

First it was my long run Saturday, and I did not go as long as I would have liked.  I got some miles in before the miles, and it was a good thing.  So was me not going as long as I would have liked.  I showed up at the H.S. with 5.6 miles in.  I was calculating how far to go down 66th st.  I wanted over 20.  I didn't know if I should go short down 66th, and back to the H.S. and back home, or long down 66th st.  and just run back to my house.  That was going to be a game time decision.  One note on the run is Amanda my kinda running partner last year flew by me at the beginning.  I mean zipped.  We are typically close to the same speed, and she was doing 20.  I think she was going too fast maybe, I'll ask her Wednesday how it ended up.  Might have been a tough one for her.  We were really supposed to negative split this run. 

I am a bit over 11 miles at 66th st.  The mile leading up to 66th there was lightning, and it started raining a bit.  I don't mind running in anything, but lightning??  ummm not so much.  Now here is where it gets interesting.  I am going to still go,  I turn on 66th st. and Boom the lightning is at its worst.  It starts really pouring.  I don't see Alan up ahead, but it was dark.  Two people run past me going the opposite direction.  More rain, more lightning and thunder... hmm... I wanna be tough, but you know I want to be smart too.  I turn around.  I start heading home.  I know I am going to blog about it, and know it will seem not so tough, and yada yada yada, but I did it.  I ran all the way home, and walked the last 1/2 block.  It rained the whole time, and still rained while I was home.  I ended up going 14.85 miles @ 8:53 I think.  So I wasn't going all that slow for a long training run.  That made me think Amanda was going too fast.... perhaps.  If I was 9:15 or something than that is one thing.

My legs were not that great.  Quads still a bit fatigued.  As Alan said I am not worried about your fitness, but want to make sure you stay healthy for the races.  So the turn around was a little blessing in disguise.  I have a 21 miler with the last 3 being tempo, so I just need to get the legs like new, so they are still bouncing past mile 20.  I'll get there.  No doubts.

It was just the run, that is pretty much all I had. I did want to mention one thing, my book is starting to get a bit dry.  The guy is a mountain worshiper, and you know sometimes the mountains just aren't going to do it.  There is more to us than just what we see.  You know you'll have spells where your just not feeling all that great, and the mountains don't look so hot.  It helps to view nature, but there is definitely more to life.  Just my thoughts... please don't read more into it.  :)

Also I lately have been happy just to hang out with my wife.  Our house is pretty empty so that is nice.  Kevin works on the weekend, and Jackie just stays in her room most of the time.  Lisa said I watched two movies  while you slept and painted the hutch.  I was like I ran 15 miles.  :)   Just threw that out there for whatever reason.  I thought it weird Lisa said that.  Oh well.

That is it for today!!!  :)

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!! :)

xo's!!!  :)

Love You All!!  :)

No comments: