Thursday, September 16, 2010

Confessions....

Of A Bad Workout!!

It was track night, and I didn't have a good workout.  We did my favorite workout too.  Repeat Miles,  tempo/marathon  tempo/marathon  tempo/marathon.

First one was o.k.  7:15-8:12  2nd one was 7:21-8:30  3rd one was 7:50-stop.

Reason??? quads.  Just absolutely toast.  Couldnt't get any push off my quads. 

Is this bad??  Nope, good, it is good??  Why??  Because I must need a little rest, and the 20 + miler will be good, I am pretty sure.  Also, I wasn't really planning on tapering at all.  I figured why??  I have been running all year.  Now I will taper a bit.  My legs have been coming back all year.  No problems at all.  What is the point here?  all year.  I had 2 days off after my last marathon, and have been in training ever since.  So for the race you train for all year, you might want to tone it down a bit.  What does this mean?  It means my down time is before the marathon.  I run my marathon and 2 days off and I'll be back in training.  I had no idea my legs might be getting tired.  Didn't seem possible.  I guess they are a bit.  That is natural I guess.  That is my thought anyway.

On another positive note, my 7:15-7:21 seemed really pretty easy.  10K pace, so I think that 5K is toast!!  :)

I rested and read my book yesterday.  It is pretty good.  It seems this guy had all the answers.  The perfect life.  Living in the mountains during the tourist season, and with his wife once the season was over.  He always knew the mountains called him.  His life's path was all but assured.  Middle age hits, and one extra-marrital affair later, and a mid-life crisis, and the question that haunted him?  Was this life worth it?   I still don't know how this ends, but the search is on.  The guy came into season depressed.  His friends are worried. 

Starts off everything is great, he is living in the mountains, what else could a person want.  He lived a bit like Thoreau in Walden.  Just the elements and him.  Not sure where it leads after this, so we will see.  It is always good to have people to share stuff with.  I think that is important.  Life isn't easy, we all want the care-free life, but no real such thing.  We all want to make sense of it all, but ...hmmm.  Oh well .... Kinda tired, and not sure where I am going with it, so I'll leave it at that.  :)

That is it for today!!!  :)

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Hope Everyone Has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!  :)

Love You All!!!  :)

p.s. want to know what I thought of yesterday??  I am 44 years old, and I am still running marathons.  I have room to improve.  I am not at my best yet.  How great is running??  We can do this forever.  :)  That is pretty great to me.  I will be 50 soon, and can still be doing the same things I am doing now.  Doubt I mature any either.  Running keeps me young??  Ha Ha Ha!!  Who knows, but I love it.   :)

now for real cya!!!  :)

No comments: