Thursday, September 2, 2010

IT IS THAT TREE OVER THERE!!!

That's the one that takes my milk money every day!!  :)

I'll start with the workout, and go from there.  You are supposed to go slower and slower on each interval right?  You know how I roll.  :)

4-12:00's The mile splits were this:

close your eyes now if you don't want to see uglyness.  :)

7:18-7:32-7:45???-7:57

I have a couple thoughts I had about this workout.  This workout is a beast, but I was not afraid of it.  I had a goal of finishing strong, and I guess that can take many forms.  On my last lap of the track, I pushed, I picked up my pace...kinda... gave all the effort I had.  We were defiinitely firm on the 2 minute rest.  During 2 and 3 12:00 if I felt I was mentally slacking a bit I pushed myself to go harder.  I gave no thoughts to how I would do my 4th, I was just putting in effort. 

My shoulders were sore after this workout,  umm aren't my legs supposed to be sore???  :)  It was humid, albeit not as warm as it has been.  I'd say mid 70's??  We run the half marathon course this weekend in nice temps...  ahhhh!!!   I'll tack on 6 or so before or after. 

I promise you this.  Last night on the track I gave it my all.  I thought of all the strong runners I read, and used them as motivation.  I got a little help pacing on my third 12:00 for about a lap and a half.  WOW is that nice.  I am definitely getting strong.  My ability to tackle the hard workouts is going well.  It may not show up in my times, but it will show up when the temps cool. 

So from a looker on the outside it may not look like a great workout, but I think it was.  I dug down deep within myself to push myself.  I will be stronger for this workout.  We will do this again too, and I will nail that sucker!!! 

Other than that not much to report I don't think.  I got my book from a Japanese author.  It is really good.  A very honest fictional book.  "South of The Border West of the Sun" is the name of it.  It is short, but the author is pretty intropective, like most of the people I read.  I don't think a fictional author can really take the non-fiction out of his or her writing.  At least the good ones. 

On another note of my workout, I did not eat dinner after, and I couldn't sleep very well, but yet here I am up again really early.  I will pay for this.  Hope I don't fall asleep on a shelf at work.  Hey wait!!!   I forget, we sell mattresses at the local lumberyard.  Better stay away from those.  :)

That is it for today!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!  :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I agree - great workout indeed! ;) Keep up the great work Steve - all those miles add up to a great thing come race day! :)