Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monday Longish Run

My training has no plan... except I do what I did last year, because it seemed to work.  I have 3 important days.  Wenesday speed, Saturday long, and Monday longish.  Last year I swam a lot in between workouts for my cross train.  This year I did some biking, but not too much after the spring.

I cannot help but think yesterday was an important workout for me.  My legs were definitely not all that fresh after Saturday.  I knew I had to go out Sunday for a bit, because I knew I was running Monday.  I knew I was running longish on Monday.  I will be honest it was work.  This was not a day where I was zipping around in great running temps to get a good run in.  This was me getting 10+ miles in on not so fresh legs.  I was low on water, so I made my turnaround at mile 11 instead of 12, and didn't finish my loop, but just ran the 1/2 mile home.

Just a couple things to mention, and I think I mentioned it.  It was a hard workout, but I think an important one.  My Monday longish runs are down to probably 8 or so next week, so glad those are over.  I am now getting close to the time where 12 mile runs will not be my longish Monday runs, but my long Saturday runs.  The crazy math has an end line.  Pretty soon 16 miles will be a pretty long effort, not an easy long run.  That is the crazy math at its extreme.  16 miles is a long way to run.  10 miles is a long way to run.  Once you finish 16 you still have 10+.  The miles need to clip off after 13.1 before you think of the finish.

I have a goal in mind now.  I signed up for the Marathon, and the goal is 3:40.  I think it is doable.  I am not sure what the pace is, I should look it up.  :)   I am thinking 8:20'ish... I think.  I'll look it up before the race, don't worry.  :)

Last night was not a great night otherwise.  It was o.k., but then some stupid family business.  Sometimes the capacity of some people to only think of themselves is overbearing.  I am not talking of Lisa, Me, or Kevin either.  :)

That is it for today!!!  :)

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!  :)

Love You All!!!  :)

You know I just wake up in the morning and write.  I would be fine not doing it, but it seems I have to.  The Journey started after a hard time, and it was hard to get started.  I know it was right though.  I wanted to hide.  I didn't want anyone to see what I had to write I don't think, because the time before did not end so well.  I have no idea how what I write will be taken.  I just do it and go.  I caught a glimpse of what I wrote yesterday and what it meant.  I have a feeling I know what people are trying to hold onto.  But what of my loved ones????   Trust!!!   You think he'd give you a snake???

10.37 @ 9:09

No comments: