Friday, November 15, 2019

I Needed Rest.

Yesterday I was tired. I felt it when I took Hope. My knee bugged me a bit so I turned it into a walk. I was sluggish anyway. When I left work yesterday my hammies were tight. You know the pain where you just want to fall asleep?  I am a bad napper,  but I tried. I ended up having a couple drinks, made chicken noodle soup for dinner, and fell asleep at 6:38.  :)  my sleep was split,  but I got over 7-1/2 hours. Already today I feel much better. 

My dad checked himself into the hospital with chest pains. I guess they put a stent in, and unfortunately he should be fine.    ;)  They aren't even going to take him off my hands for a month or two. That is what's wrong with our healthcare system. Geez. Old man has a health issue you keep him for at least a month.  :)

Really though today I feel pretty darn good. My resting heart rate went down a point. I am reading 2-5 bpm less than last week. I have no idea how fitbit calculates resting heart rate. Old rule of thumb is you calculate it right when you wake up. My resting heart rate via Fitbit can be 15 bpm higher than what my current reading is right then. I was bumbling around 59-65 for a half hour or so,  and slept in that range a good portion, and fitbit says resting is 75 bpm. Today was 73. I had a couple drinks so my heart rate was higher during sleep than a non drink night. Not too much, cuz I didn't really drink too much, but 65-70 I guess. I took my blood pressure yesterday. My heart rate was staying higher than normal. Maybe cuz I was tired and sore?  My first read was 129/76. I didn't take a 2nd reading. Usually I'll take 2, cuz the 2nd reading is usually less. I am fine with 129/76 though. 

This week I am once again 2 for 4. Last week on Friday I drank one more drink than normal. Still room to improve. Nothing is set in stone I am going to drink this weekend. I probably will,  but whatever was in me last Friday to drink isn't in me today. So if I do, I probably won't go crazy. Friday is a workout day too. I am going to drive, cuz my dad has to get home. I assume my brother will get him, but not sure how it all plays out. 

I am glad today I feel much better rested. If I take Hope it will be later. I'll pass 72 miles for the 4th week in a row. I'll probably be less than the 76-77 it has been. Hopefully anyway. I could use a down week. Thanksgiving, and Christmas season are right around the corner. Bakery + the Holidays = chaos. Not much time for a down week until after the New Year. 

Time for me to make improvements though. Day after day, week over week. 

Anyhoo, I'll let it go at that.  

Laterzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.          :)

xxoo.          :)

Byeeeeeeeee.    :)))

No comments: