Friday, July 12, 2019

Trails.

I just checked my sleep. It was pretty normal. 6 hours and 18 minutes. Better than the 5 hours the night before. I was kinda tired I thought after work,  and I had to take Hope. I wanted to run,  cuz that's what I'd do in the morning. So I ran these trails by my house. I haven't run them in a couple years,  and they are as hard as I remember. Maybe moreso,  cuz I am not in the running shape I was in when I ran them. It may be 5+years since I've run them. It's not a long loop. Maybe 1/2 mile to 2/3 of a mile. I ran 3 loops, or run walk rather. The back half climbs. There are a couple flat spots, but not long enough to recover from previous climb. You basically climb, and in front of you is the longest climb. This climb is done on soft sand. You know, feet move, but you go nowhere.   :)  each time my legs were sore at the end of that hill,  and I'd stop and walk. Hope was even tired during the 3rd loop. Back in the day I would run 6 loops, with no walking. I want to hit this trail once or twice/ week. That back half max effort would definitely help me get in better running shape.

It was fun, and hard, and challenging.  All the things I used to like about running.

For being tired I did get quite a bit done after my run. I did an early load of laundry,  dishes,  ran the robot,  and watered the front grass, and the garden out back.  A pretty good day.

I still can do stuff, and ponder how I might have done things in the past. Really though my days start out the same. I wake up,  and a day is in the making. I could say, I am not drinking so I am not hung over, but I never was. I could say I feel better rested, but I don't feel that is the case. Really the biggest change is just what I do during the drinking hours. It may be just more tv, and I don't mind that to be honest. It ain't a horrible thing to get lost in a show. I do not get the drunken lazy tired thing though. You know you drink, and at some point you become lazy.

I wouldn't have folded the load of laundry,  or put the dishes away. I did have an inkling to drink yesterday, but a glass of water took that little craving away. Don't ask me how that works. Ice water will help ease a drinking crave somehow. A smoker eats a celery stalk, a drinker drinks water. It may be that.

There always is that feeling of one upping your old self. Not going down the drinking path opens up different avenues. Drinking opens up no avenues. It only goes to one place. Buzzed, and then tired. You won't be awake long. I find I don't eat any more at dinner either. So for some reason those 1000 calories are not being replenished. I might weigh myself late next week. See what that comes to.

Today is  Friday.  On tap is another non drinking day. I may run the trails again. Maybe go see a movie. Not sure.

Life goes on as do I. I am like just in the middle of my life doing the day to day. The stuff I must do at a later stage is far from my mind. I don't find it strange really. I've been down this road long enough to know it can change pretty quickly. I am not worried how I feel on the inside. My insides will be in the right place as the time approaches. I don't control those.  If I did i probably would be more of whatever the ideal person in my mind is.  That is an avenue of falsehood. You cannot be an ideal person. It's not in your power. Your heart is made up of different stuff than you'd like.

We really cannot boast of our greatness in the least. None of us are made up of that stuff. I may be the only one who knows it though. I don't know you, so I couldn't really tell.

Gotta run.

Laterzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: