Friday, July 26, 2019

2 Days Over 8 Hours.

Sandwiched between my midnighters were 2 days of over 8 hours of sleep. Ideally today was a good sleep in day, and I did. 2:30-4:00 AM was a blur,  so I slept even if I didn't want to, but I am glad I did. Mostly so I wouldn't be stupid and run this morning. I may go for a short one after I work out. That would be perfect.

I ran 3 loops of the trail yesterday. It was hard. I caught a bit of a cold I think. My resting heart rate has been ticking higher, and I have a bit of a cough. Nothing crazy, but something to keep an eye on.

My loops are just over 2/3 of a mile. Really about .72. I actually turned on my running thing on my watch to calculate it. Also it really is just 3 climbs on the back half. The first 2 is just one climb separated by maybe 5 steps. I'm gonna say that one is the hardest. You get a tiny reprieve, and climb 2. Another tiny reprieve,  and climb 3. I run a loop, and give myself like 10 seconds to rest. After my 2nd one I felt fully recovered, and I suspected I may be able to eventually just keep running those. The climbs still tax my leg muscles. After 3 my legs were burning from climbing. It was hot,  I was tired so I called it after 3. 7 loops this week.

I haven't timed a run in forever. I assume I am always out there running at 10:00 pace, but really I have no idea. It's probably been a year or 2 since I've timed any runs. Eventually I'll have to hit the track for some 800s. Probably in a couple weeks or so. Just 6 too. Maybe 2 with a 400, and another 2 with a 400. Nothing crazy.

To get in really good shape takes a lot of work. I think a lot of mental -want to- too.   I am not sure if I ever really had it to the max degree. I could do work,  but did I ever really have the desire to see what I could do? Not really sure. All I know is I was beat when I got home yesterday. Also I currently am a lot slower than I have been at my previous best. I don't even know if I can get to my previous best, but secretly I think I can get faster. Not sure how it will play out, but I'll find out. I'll get a gauge on Thanksgiving. Either a 5 or 8K. I hope to run at 7:00 mile pace or below. I am nowhere near that. If I can get back there it might take me til next Spring too. I have no idea.

Eventually these legs will have to turn over. Also I have just the normal wear and tear of a normal work week. My day to day is busy regardless. I am just going to use it to my advantage. A positive thing. Not something that keeps me from being my best, but something that helps.

In a World full of negativity it would be nice if people stopped bitching for once, and found the positives. How can the state of things in my life be used as a positive? 

Why be mad all the time? If you watch the news or read stuff that makes you mad, you are the created person of a person who is mad. You are an entity created out of someone else's anger. You are not you anymore. You are the product unwillingly of someone's propaganda. In your mind you are a supremely intelligent being,  but in actuality you are the lowest of the low. Your internals are not your own creation.

Your life is what you make it, not spouting out newsy things for whatever purpose. You help no one, and you don't help yourself.

Life is short. Good to do it in good humor. With a good disposition.

Today I'll have a day. I think it will be pretty normal. Main goal is to feel rested tomorrow before work.

I spose. 

Laterzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: