Friday, July 5, 2019

I Picked Up A Cough For The 4th.

Good morning. How's it going? Me. I am fine except a doozy of a cough. On Wednesday I was fine. I woke up, and ran, and did my thing. On the way to work I noticed a slight irritant or something in my lungs. Like I swallowed a bug or got a crumb of food in there. I didn't think anything of it too much. Sometime around dinner time I knew it was to be a cough.

I was planning to run some trails on Thursday,  but around 4:00 AM give or take I realized I better not, so I shot off a text saying I am not going.

So, I ate soup,  and stuff yesterday. Everybody in the house has a version of the bug. Lisa's brother spent 3 days in the hospital with pneumonia.  He has asthma,  and a bad respiratory system in general,  but I take it serious.

So I finished season 2 of Stranger Things.   Episode 5- the end. Season 3 came out yesterday, and I watched all of season 3. We did take a break to shower,  and clean the kitchen, but not much besides that. I tell you what, those Stranger Things seasons are pretty good. I enjoyed it. I would not have been happy if I couldn't finish the whole season.

That's how I spent my 4th. I am okay with it. No biggie. Not how I planned my extra day off, but whatever. No cook outs, no alcohol, just a day watching tv. I don't feel like my cough drains my energy. I never got a sore throat,  or headache or fever. Just a pretty decent cough. I can feel it.

Today I will work, unless they don't want me there. My real thought about yesterday was, I was sick. I took it serious enough to relax mostly. Give myself a little rest. Usually my days end with a couple drinks at the end, but I wasn't going to drink yesterday. What if I took some time off from those drinks?  What would life be like then?  How would my nights,  and mornings be different?  I don't really know. Would it be boring?  Would I find stuff to do?  Would it even be fun to cook?  It might be worth giving it a shot.  It's not like drinking is the best thing for you. Either is boredom.  :)

Something I thought of. I think I'll take Hope for a walk,  and read after I finish my coffee. Night time is always the worst for coughs, but I felt I got at least a little sleep. I don't feel bad that way.  Just a cough.

I'm kinda excited about a new day. Things look different when you know you got a bug. So much I wanted to get done outside,  and just like that to the back burner. Being healthy trumps all.

So, today is a day.  Shouldn't be horrible. 

Laterzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.        :)))

No comments: