Sunday, July 7, 2019

Things Are Different.

It's not anything I really thought about much, but since I decided to stop drinking for a while (forever)? I thought I'd take a look at alcohol.

I could make argument I was a moderate drinker, but I was basically a heavy drinker, maybe bordering on moderate. I don't feel i ever had a problem drinking. I never missed work,  got a headache,  or got a hangover . I didn't drink more on weekends or days off. I just had a regular. It wasn't before or during work. The max I would drink is a pint, and the goal was always one or two drinks less than a pint.

So, that's me. The end of the day I would have drinks. I wondered why people like alcohol, and it is the endorphins. It makes us feel better than our norm. For some it may make them feel more confident, and whatever.  We are after that feeling though, and alcohol always gives it.

I most of my life didn't believe in alcoholism.  The rule of thumb is you gotta get up for work, and work. I read genetically some people may release more of the endorphins so may drink more.  I could see that I guess. I am not a good partyer,  cuz as someone who liked alcohol I like sleep too. I could drink to a point, and fall asleep. Done it that way forever.

If people wake up, and feel like they need a drink that's a problem. One I've never dealt with. I also don't wake up wanting a cigarette, or a toke. I barely wake up wanting a cup of coffee.

So far I like the sober feeling of 3 days. It's different. I ran to the store yesterday to pick up a couple things for tacos,  and I imagined what people were doing. It was Saturday night in the Summer. I was going home to watch twin peaks. Alcohol makes you feel good, but knowing you will not partake helps you feel good too. Especially if you are like me. You've experienced everything alcohol has to offer. I won't experience anything new by drinking. I may by being sober. Life looks different.

I always like the edge too of knowing I am not going down that buzzed road. By not drinking my resting heart rate plummeted 5 bpm.  Also my blood pressure will probably improve, although it isn't bad due to medication. My blood pressure was probably an inflated high due to daily consumption of alcohol.

Today I have a day off. I think i normally start every day with a good amount of endorphins.  My internals always feel pretty good. 

I think I'll take Hope for a walk. I'll start running again tomorrow I think. Just that cough thing you know?

Laterzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: