Thursday, July 11, 2019

A Clean Bill Of Health.

Good morning. How's it going? Me, I am fine. I had my annual Doctor's appointment, and everything looks fine. My blood pressure ran high,  138/66. The 138 was a bit high, but it usually reads lower. I bet if they tried it again right after the 1st time it would have been lower. The 66 is stupid. I never read that low. I have a blood pressure reader at home. I check it once on a while. My lungs were clear, which was surprising to me, cuz of my cough. This morning it seems like it is mostly gone.

I'll get labs done in early August. I expect those to come out good. For one it will be like a month of little to no drinking, and also I've been working out for a year. I think that helps. Yesterday I slept like 8 hours and 44 minutes or something. I had a ton of energy. I took Hope at 5:00 PM. A drinking me wouldn't have done that. I had my Doctor's appointment got my workout in, and ran a couple errands. I felt really good on my walk. Better than an alcohol fueled euphoria.

That is actually good news, and I am pretty pumped about it. Outside of that not much. Getting used to the new me. I stayed up past 9:00 PM last night so getting up at my early alarm was not gonna happen. I can even maybe switch it too. Off my schedule is the afternoon drinking time, so I can take Hope after work. Drinking had an important part of my life. I even made my schedule to accomadate it.   :)  on paper it wasn't an easy schedule. 2:30 AM alarms are not always people's favorites, but I made it work. Some days I may not have taken Hope,  but all days I did drink.    :)

I don't feel I wasted a good part of my life living like this. I am 52. Making a change to an even healthier me. I suspect drinkers have a good amount of years to do that stuff. As you get older hopefully it becomes less important like it has for me. I always suspected that would be the case for me. I just didn't know when. It took a cough, and a couple nights not drinking, because of the cough to make the change. I didn't want to make the change. It wasn't in my heart too, but when I saw how easy it was to not drink I figured what the heck.

Know what was oddly neat and strange?  Last night it was 5:00 PM, and I was walking Hope. I had no desire to have a drink, and I was in my prime drinking zone. It was different in a good way. Life led me to this point, and my internals felt it was good.

You know the feeling you get when you can be lazy, or productive, and you choose productive?  It's a good feeling, and that's how it feels. One way is better than another. My internals helped me choose the better way. I don't control my internals,  so I am glad they helped me along. I didn't sacrifice, my body just helped me. My internals helped me on this path.

So anyway what else. I am wondering how my weight will look in a month or two. I figured I consumed at least 1000 dead calories of booze each night. I find I don't eat more at dinner either. 1000 dead calories taken out of the diet not filled with anything else. I don't know what that does. I'm at a good weight with the dead calories. My guess is I'll have to eat more during the day. I'm too active not to.

A change in me is like a new look to life. Kinda like the change in seasons. Pretty exciting stuff. Today I don't have to work out either. Should be okay.

I guess I'll read my book. I'll take Hope after work as I have a few extra hours with nothing planned.   ;)

Laterzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: