Friday, July 19, 2019

Tired...That One Thing.

So yesterday was okay. Everything was pretty normal,  except I came home tired. I wasn't sure what to do for dinner. We got a bit of rain, so I didn't have to water. I read my book. It's really good,  and I was getting toward the end. I finished It, and started the 2nd in the trilogy. We went out to dinner. Still couldn't think of anything I wanted to make. Tacos would have been okay. We went out for Mexican food.

Go go go is a great way to wake up, it's just when you actually hit tired that things fall apart. Even today I would have liked to try to run a bit longer this morning, but I needed sleep. Part of the problem is I woke up at midnight, and couldn't fall asleep for a bit. I kinda have this wake up at 2:30 with the alarm,  and doze til 3:00. This morning I dozed til 4:00 when my middle alarm went off.

The heat today probably means a day off. It ain't a horrible idea, as tomorrow is off,  and Sunday I have to start long runs. Kinda gotta get a plan going. Not right away, but I definitely have to start adding miles. Each run has a purpose kinda thing, where before I just ran. Maybe I ran, cuz you never know if you'll get a goal again. Best have your legs used to running. I like running anyway,  even with no goals. Kinda fun with a goal of getting in shape. Kinda thinking I may try and get that 22:00 minute 5k a go.

I could stand to lose 10 lbs, although I am not too far off from marathon PR weight. I've been working out for over a year, so my upper body is stronger, and core more muscley. I feel that helps my overall health. I am not interested in bulk, but I am interested in getting fast for me again. Overall I am in a better place. Like maybe I have more time to do little stuff like stretch. I think that would help me stay injury free. Also I am not training for a marathon this Fall, so miles don't have to get crazy.

Marathon training for me is brutal. I finished 5, and maybe started training for like another 10 or so, but never made it to the starting line healthy. I currently have no marathon goals. If I did try again, like everything goes good, up until Turkey day, I'd want to find a training partner I think.

It's easy to find a drinking buddy, I spose it  wouldn't be too hard to find a running buddy. Winter marathon training is fun. I am not going that far down the road though. I don't even know if I can stay healthy getting in good short race running shape. The idea of every run having a purpose intrigues me. I have hundreds and hundreds of short runs for the heck of it. Nothing wrong with those either.

One disappointing thing I found out yesterday is everything has a price. If I prioritize running it will be at the expense of something else. Being tired is a thing. We need x amount of sleep. Variable per each person. We have work, and house work. Projects. I find we cannot do it all. That's another thing about marathons. The mileage leads to a lot of tiredness.

Every priority leads to a sacrifice somewhere else. We cannot be it all. Me (re)learning that yesterday helps me understand more how flawed our heroes are.

There is pressure to look and behave in such and such way. The World has no use,  except in pretending,  and make believe. Those who cannot abide in these make like your nice, rules will be judged.  If your life ain't story book like, then you failed.  We all failed though. Our hearts aren't perfect. Even the least of us people will find a way to judge another.

I see it. Maybe all elevate themselves over another,  but why?  It's just hate really. I am not sure if I do it, or if I just find it disgusting in people who do it.

I tend to judge the judgers.  They probably live a life of insecurity.  Meekness outweighs pretend acts of greatness any day of the week.

Niceness works. Petty arguments of ones  superiority not so much.

Anyway today is a day. I may take Hope for a walk, and then run the trail. Maybe trail, and then walk. It's supposed to be hotter than fuck today. Hope = no run. I have to work out today too, but with a purpose.

My cup of coffee worked miracles.

Excited for today already.  Excited for the future.

It's good to be me.

Laterzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: