Monday, July 8, 2019

A Busy Day Off.

Good morning. How's it going?  I am fine. Yesterday was a day off, and I was pretty busy. I did my normal Sunday stuff, got my back yard mulch,  edger project done, weeded the garden. Holy crap so many weeds. I ran the robot. I had a lot of energy. That's not uncommon, but I could still do more. There was to be no afternoon drinking of cocktails.

Wanna know how I felt about that?  I was fine with it. This is different. My internals sometimes pulled, saying wouldn't it be nice to sit, and have some cocktails. It would have been, but at a price. I would lose productivity all at once. Also I feel pretty darn good being sober. You think of other things that can be done. I was at almost 20,000 steps on my day off. That internal pull of how nice it would be to have a cocktail is where people probably lose the battle. If your internals don't feel typically pretty good,  I bet that's a hard battle.

In life we want to feel good. There are a lot of different ways to go about it. Alcohol makes you feel good to a point. You get tired. Some get headaches and hangovers. I kinda had a little joke,  if I could drink,  and not get headaches or hangovers,  I'd be a fool not to right?   :)

My natural energy gets zapped a bit by drinking. I am less,  and do less than is possible. Also my internals usually feel pretty good, so I don't need enhancements. Also I know a sober me looking at a buzzed me would find me foolish. I spose I'll have that internal pull to have a cocktail for a bit, but it isn't a heavy pull. Mostly I think of the silliness of drinking.

A work in progress I guess. So many more avenues open up without drinking. I can stay up later with no worries. The end of my day doesn't necessarily mean I need a couple hours of downtime. Last night I fell asleep on the couch watching twin peaks. (Twin peaks gets really silly in season 2)  I went to bed at 7:00. I was tired I guess from my day's labor.

Today I will have labor. I'll work out, have a meal,  and maybe do some more stuff. Like I said my avenues are wide open. No longer on my day's plan are the couple hours of downtime. I may have downtime,  but it will be different.

Wanna know what I thought about during my regular drinking time yesterday?   I thought I could go for a bike ride and look at shit.

Things sure are different. Better different.

Gotta run.

Laterzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: