Friday, November 25, 2016

So I Turkey Trotted.

It's been a while since I made it to a starting line. This wasn't particularly important to me. I stayed warm in my car til about 5 minutes to start. Went to the back middle of the crowd,  stretched a little,  and got ready.

This was a speed work day. Instead of multiple intervals it was just one interval. My one speed work prior to this race that might tell how fast I would run put me at ~8:30/mile. My chip time was 8:26. Mile 4 approached 8:50, and mile 5 was under 8:00. I didn't shut off my app right away when I hit the finish line. I fumbled with my phone.

There was a hill on mile 4 that blew me up. I knew I had to recover or it was suffer fest to the end. A slow suffer fest. It worked. The girl who passed me on the hill I passed later on. She caught up to me again at the final turn, but there was only 150M give or take, and I had plenty of kick left.

So there. I got work to do. For one I am not particularly fast for me at all. Not horrible,  but not fast. Also I should never blow up on hills. That *should* be a strength  of mine. Speed work done.  Mission accomplished.

The rest of the day I had effort induced fatigue. I watched football,  and we ate a turkey dinner. A pretty good day.

Today I work, I have long run Saturday tomorrow,  and I am off on Sunday. We are going to see a movie on Sunday. So it looks like today will be another day. It looks like it is shaping up to be two more after that too.  :)

Fun fun.  :)

I really got nothing,  so I'll end it there.

Have fun.  :)

xoxo.  :)

No comments: