Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Good Morning From Michigan!!! :)

When I do a title of good morning, I have to think of creative things to add so it isn't a title I used before.  So good morning all.  I almost wasn't going to get up, but I decided to, because I saw some people updated their blogs.  I am going to get some coffee first.  Hold on. 


I am going to tell you a story of a friend of mine.  I moved to Michigan, and most of you know the story.  The only reason was I was sick of people moving away from me.  (College Town)  I was tired of being sad over that, and darnit, I was going to make people sad.  So I put in for a promotion, and became a Plumbing manager.  I did the Manager thing for like 10 years, and it was great at first.  I could work hard, and be creative, and make some money, and I felt I did a good job.  As time went on the work became harder, as the company started pinching payroll pennies, so we ended up having to do more work with less people, and our bonuses were even smaller even though our Departments were so much more profitable.  Business Majors screw up the economy more than help.  :)  Anything taken to an extreme let's say is probably bad, and if you focus on labor expense cutting (the whole world) you take a chink out of the most vibrant part of the Economy.  Consumer Spending.  2/3 of the U.S. Economy is us little pee-ons spending our money.  If we don't have it the Economy shrinks. 

Anyhoo, I visited my BIL in Hawaii.  I was 217 lbs.  A fatty.  I was in shape before, and worked out before, but the Back issues were with me for a couple years, and after the surgery I didn't get back into it.  While in Hawaii, it appeard it was time for me to get in shape.  People all looked healthy, and I was like What am I doing??  I got back home and stepped down from my Manager position, and we who were not getting ahead were getting less ahead, BUT I was enjoying life again.  I started getting in shape with an exercise bike, and eventually was going to try to run a few miles.  I went one mile, and it was the hardest thing I ever did.  I knew people ran marathons, and stuff, so I wanted to try to do that.  I eventually crawled up to two milers, and eventually was able to find out how to run slow, so you can go far.  (Slow is all relative, but run easy-talking pace) 

Anyway the story of the friend of mine.  He took on a 2nd job and worked for me.  A super nice guy.  Always came in was very polite, and did his work.  He knew a lot of stuff too, so he could help people with any of their home improvement needs.  BTW, I can probably do a lot of stuff too, but I hate doing it.  :)   LOL 

He eventually stopped working, but would come in several times each year, and I would talk to him.  He was a lot like me in he would start projects, but not always finish them when he started.  Lost the mojo so to speak.  Anyway after all these years I'd still see him here and there, and I found out yesterday one of his sons took his life.  Pain medications.  A month before or so his son's girlfriend died in a car accident.  He was shaken, and he is going to have some tough times, because when those memories come back they will be painful.  He was dealing it as you would expect too.  I did the dishes today, and that is about it for today. 

That shit is hard, and I feel really bad for him, because I have not met many nicer people than him.  His name is Dennis, and I used to call him Big D from Dallas for some reason whenever he came in.  Hey I used to work with another guy who I called Rob Roy, because I could never remember his real name Doug.  That kinda stuck too, because the store manager was known to ask him questions, did you have anything to add Rob Roy??   LOL   HA HA HA  

We may have the best laid plans, but life will still happen.  When it does, we all need support. 

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  A friend of mine Leigh who is one of the bloggers who doesn't blog had a baby yesterday.  She has been through a couple spirit shattering miscarriages, but now has another baby to go with Liliana.  I know some of you can relate to that.  :)  I am sure they are thrilled. 

Love You All xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I'd offer extras for Dennis and his whole family.  Doubt they read this, but I am thinking of them, just so you know.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Have a good one all.  :)   Luv Ya's.   :)   xoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya   :D   :D 

1 comment:

Christi said...

My thoughts and prayers are going out to your friend and his family..