Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh Dear!!

I have absolutely nothing, so I think I'll ramble.  Sometimes I list it out, but I think I'll just go, and see where it takes me.  :)   Kinda nervous this may go nowhere.  :)

Things I thought about yesterday.

I had a lot of blogs to read yesterday.  I sometimes just wait to read them in the morning early, but sometimes I read it in the afternoon.  Not really a system.  I comment most of the time.  Typically just whatever pops into my mind.  Let the person know what I am thinking, or make a joke, many times I empathize during rough days.  That is a gift for sure.  The empathizing part.  :)

I have run 5 Riverbank runs.  I also trained for 5 marathons following the Riverbank run.  My Riverbank pace typically ends up being my Marathon pace.  I may switch to 8:12s.  8:00's are a BQ number, so not giving up yet.  I am 44, and I guess that lasts two years.  I'd be happy with anything in the 3:30's.  I guess that would be the official  Steve Qualifying Time.  :)

I haven't been riding my bike much these days.  Just a to and from work.  I do as I feel, and I haven't been feeling the bike.  Maybe cause my shuffle is sweat ruined.  :)  I listen to music when I bike.  Safe???  Maybe not, but I do it anyway.  I may throw the 100 goal out the window. 

Runs and distance are amping up.  I have hit the Marathon training now.  Proabably won't see anything under 16 on Saturday's, I am trying to slowly jump up to 13's on Monday, and also add a Friday.  6 max.  Probably 4 today. 

I have no idea what I am going to do today after work.  I don't want to do anything around the house, I can guarantee you that.  We'll get a new kitchen faucet today.  They are pretty easy to replace, but I am dreading it.  If I had to do it all over again I would never have bought a house.  They are so dang boring.  I don't like doing stuff for the house.  :)   Duplex living is where it is at.  :)   We lived in duplexes before, and it was so much cheaper than a house payment, not to mention you don't have to buy all the fixer up it junk.  :) 

You know I always thought a new car and a house was important.  If I had to do it over again, I would never make a car payment.  For the Record we haven't had one in a while.  It shows, not so much in the checkbook, but at least with our vehicles.  :)   I ride my bike so much in the summer to work though, I put very little miles on the truck. 

I am at peace I think.  I don't stress too much about stuff.  Yesterday I ate a triple cheeseburger from Wendy's.  First time ever!!  :)

You know this is kinda like a list isn't it?  A friend of mine gave me an idea last summer to read Henry David Thoreau's Journals.  I'd use her name, but she is pretty shy.  I got them from the library, and they hit me like music was hitting me last summer.  I respect her as much as anyone I would say.  :)  

The Walden idea is interesting, but you can get the benefit of the pond today, in your own life.  I think that is available to us now.  We will think about things at different times I guess.  Typically when we are alone.  My mind seems to always be seeing things, and reflecting. 

I think the younger you are the easier it is to be more open.  I have not done any research, but just what I see in day to day life.  Not sure why that is.  Women tend to be more open than men too.  Not sure why that is. 

You know this is long, but I enjoyed writing it.  I could go on all day I think.  I'll spare you.  :)

That is it for today!!!  :)

Hope everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!  :)

Love You All!!!  :)