Thursday, August 19, 2010

The King of The Track!!!

Not so much!!!  :)

I will just give you my workout.  I did a 4 mile warm up cool down.  Standard for me, as long as there is no snow on the ground.  The work out was 2 mile repeats.  First mile tempo, and 2nd mile Marathon pace.  This usually is a pretty easy workout, as marathon pace really ends up being a recovery, and SEEMS easy.

A couple things to note.  My tempo miles sure aren't very fast.  I worry about that, because I want to have a "good for me" 5K time after all is said and done.  I am planning on adding a day of running perhaps.

WU/CD was under 9:00 pace

The Track:

7:23--7::57

7:34--7:57

7:38-- 8:38 

I cracked on the 3rd one.  The legs wouldn't move.  I cannot even begin to imagine why that was.  The workout seemed to be going good, and boom, nothing.  So I worry about my slow tempo miles, as that isn't part of the plan.  :)  I worry about the last marathon pace mile too.  Which btw was still quicker than last year's marathon pace, even though I didn't feel like I was moving.  So I am better, but still got some work to do.  I love the running work... at least when I finish the workouts.

On a bright note, as I had around 8.75 miles in, 6 of it at a faster than normal training pace, my legs felt fresh on the run home--cool down.  They still were bouncing off the pavement.  So on a 10 mile workout the legs were still firing.  So perhaps I am gettting my distance legs, and speed to follow.  :)

Do we always feel like a rookie when we run??  I feel I have so much to learn.  I like it though.  I like the challenge, and I think it is fun.

I think that is about it today.  Well a few things.  I ate 3/4 of a frozen pizza for dinner, and slept pretty good last night.  I have no idea what that means though.  :)

Now that is it!!!  :)

Hope everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!  :)

Oh, I am reading "Anne Frank" again.  I don't know why.  It is a great book.  Can you imagine??

I am in a great mood this morning.  I love hard workouts!!  Especially when you can at least get some positives, even if I didn't nail it.  I rarely nail it though do I??  Ha Ha!!  As long as I nail it on race day.  :)  That is all anyone will ever remember.  Onwards to that goal.  :) 

cya!!!  :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are the King of the Track!! I find that track workouts rarely go like we want them too - especially when you set high goals! But like you said, as long as the races go well - who cares! :) Great job!!