Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Too Cold To Bike!!

I think it was supposed to get up to 50 yesterday, so I had a bike day planned.  My wife and I work together, in case you didn't know, so I shed one of my early morning layers, as I assumed it was going to be warm.  I wasn't 1 minute into my bike ride home, until I switched it to a run day.  Running in shorts and a shirt seemed like a much better idea than dressing like an eskimo on the bike.  That will give me a lot of miles this week, but I don't think that is a bad idea as a peak week prior to my 5K coming up.  For the record I ended up going 6.2 miles @ 8:31 I think.

On my run I ran into the 67 year old who paced me on my bad day last summer.  He is running the Fargo Marathon this spring.  I was like why????  He said his friend and him pick out a spring marathon each year.  His friend one-upped him this year.  Duluth was picked last year.  Those crazy senile people.  Ha ha!!  just kidding.  He is smarter now though.  He dropped his mileage from 90/week to 60/65/ week.  He said he was too old to do 90/week.  I told him I was too.  :)  Heck I hope to get up to 40-50 this summer/ fall. 

Oh well, I guess that is it for today.  Tonight is a run night, so hopefully my Monday run will keep the pace down a bit.  We'll see. 

Have a great day!!  :)

No comments: