Thursday, March 11, 2010

Close!!

We hit the track last night.  Um,  why didn't anyone remind me how hard that is??  SHEESH, and you call yourselves(f) (a) friend(s).  Ha ha!!  Here was the workout:  3-10:00's @ 2 minute recovery, or 4-10:00's.  I, for the first time, only did 3.  I actually almost thought of skipping the whole workout, which would have been a first.  I didn't know if I had anything for speed work.

All you need to know, is I think I am close.  Track = knowing your speed.  My mile splits on the 10:00's were 7:07, 7:10, and 7:15, although on the 7:15 I kicked it in the last 1-1/2 minutes to finish further than the other ones.  (I knew I was only doing 3)  If you recall my Thanksgiving 5K my splits were 7:10, 14:20, and a what I think would have been a sub: 22:00 5K if the course wasn't shortened.


Things going in my favor are the race will be on a Saturday MORNING.  I will taper.  My legs won't be obliterated like they are now.  I will also get another track workout in.  Like I said I am close.  Oh and I won't be racing after back-to-back 6 mile runs.  Also at work I walk on concrete floors all day.  I used to think that was bad for me, but now I think it (FINALLY) has made me stronger.  blessing in disguise if you will.  I'll be off those for a good 18 hours.

The track is a beast, and the first session back sure is not a smooth transition.  SHEESH!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Time for me to brush and floss.  ;)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey Steve - track workouts are hard. HAHAHA!!

Brush and floss...humpf... ;)