Saturday, March 6, 2010

Big Run and Breakfast

Once every winter we head out to Nancy's house for our Saturday long-run on Lake Shore Drive.  (Not the Chicago one).  Everyone brings some type of breakfast food, and we eat after the run.  Nancy is the lady I ran the Illinois Marathon with last year.  I beat her by a minute or something.  She is over 20 years older than me.  :)  I think she missed her Boston Qualifying time by a minute or so.  She had some health issues following that marathon, but is finally back running, and I think plans on a 1/2 marathon @ Bayshore.  It is usually pretty fun.  I just bring my egg mix of eggs, mushrooms, lotsa cheese, and Garlic Salt.  mmmmmm!!!!  :)


I had a lot of stuff to do yesterday, and luckily got a good portion done.  I biked to work, and added another 7 miles or so to the bike ride home.  Weather doesn't look like 50 will happen on Sunday, but Monday I should be able to go pretty long, as the weather looks really good then.  All relative I know.  Come September we will think high 40's  is cold for a bike ride.  :)  I may try and tack some on this afternoon if I am not too tired.


Anyway the puppies got a walk, did some laundry, and cleaned the kitchen.  @ Lisa did a bit of grocery shopping, and made dinner after her nap. (headache)  Spaghetti!!!  I went to bed early, (normal time) I was exhausted.  A pretty good day. 


Sporting news Bears signed Julius Peppers, and Chester Taylor.  I'll have to see what Clay thinks.  He'll be excited, he always is.  :)  We also signed a blocking tight end.  Chester Taylor is a great pick up.  In the NFL  2 running backs is a must.  Matt Forte needs some help.  Taylor brings that.  A motivated Peppers is a great player.  Briggs, and Urlacher, and a healthy Tommie Harris.  We'll see.

Should be a great day.  Tonight we are seeing some comedian with Lisa's best friend and husband.  It should be rated "G" as it will be at their church.  Hope he/she is funny.  :)  We'll probably do some type of dinner too.

Guess that is about it.

Hope you all have a great day.  Should be a good one for those wanting to swim/bike/run.  :)

cya!!


p.s.  Sunday 50 is not off the books.  Looks like the weather will be better than I thought.  That big lake sure makes the weather men change their mind a lot.  :)

No comments: