Sunday, August 12, 2018

Time Creeps Up On You.

This morning it just occurred to me that pretty soon I'll be 8 years from 60. Wow!!  Time does catch up with you. I joined a place called Evergreen Commons not to far from my work,  but farther away from my house. It is for people 50, and over. They have free weights, machines, bikes,  treadmills, and a pool. I mostly am interested in resistance training, although if the weather is bad, I can use the treadmill. It gives me something to do after work, and maybe I can see what type of shape I can get in.

In my opinion 40 ain't nothing, and 50 ain't nothing, but when you first see 60 on the horizon, then that to me is kinda a big deal. I go Wednesday for my weight room orientation, and then I'll have a plan, or one will evolve. Fall approaches too, so there isn't a ton to do after work anyway.

I saw a movie after work yesterday. Slender Man. It was pretty awful,  but what are you going to do on a Saturday afternoon?  I then went shopping. I picked up stuff for lunches,  some popsicles, and stuff for dinner. Dinner hit the spot. I started watching the first Iron man, and decided to just go to bed. I think I slept 10 hours, which feels pretty awesome. I get to sleep in tomorrow too, but I haven't really been sleeping great on Sunday nights. Maybe cuz it is out of my routine.

I do have to say though at this point in my life it is exciting to try something new. I am not tied into anything that won't let me try something new. Free to do new things you know?  Freedom is what we want in life, and freedom is not something we can find on our own.  I have two jobs I like,  and time to reinvent myself too so to speak.  

Today, I'll take Hope for a run, and probably finish listening to my book, and read my other one when that's done.

Just a day in the life really. One I am pretty excited about, but I tend to always feel that way I guess.

Gotta run.   :)

Have fun.   :)

xoxo.    :)

xxoo.   :)

Laterzzz.    :)

No comments: