Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Name is Pejchl, Not Pickle.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am doing good. So I canned my cucumber slices yesterday. 8 quarts I made. That is a lot. All the jars sealed, so it went okay. I didn't have traditional pickling spices, so I added some stuff I already had that smelled like a good spice. Among the spices I used red pepper flakes to hopefully give it a kick. I did buy dill seed, and garlic, so of course I had that. I also tried a trick I found on the internet using half vinegar, and half apple cider vinegar to make up my vinegar solution. Also they have these calcium chloride pebbles you add, so you don't have to do the pre soak in salt water. It looks like it will taste good,  but I really have no idea. I think it said to wait a couple weeks before I refrigerate and try one. 8 quarts is a lot of pickles. It's not like tomato sauce where you use a full quart for spaghetti,  or lasagna. Pretty exciting though.

Other than that not much. It was a pretty active day with over 27,000 steps. That seems normal to me, but I do take Mondays off, and it is not uncommon to be nowhere near 10,000 steps. Basically without knowing it I am active. It's just normal day to day stuff, and I don't think about it. Runs are counted in those steps, so that adds to it, but really I do this unconsciously.

I feel this week is another busy week. It seems I got plenty of stuff to keep me busy. Just my pickling expedition took a good amount of time.

Life basically goes on I guess. I don't really have much to worry about. My main job gets deposited into an account that pays our mortgage. I don't have a mortgage, so that amount gets higher and higher. We rarely use that account. I use it if it is the card I pick out. It's the same color as our main account. That is a pretty good problem to have I guess.

Work is fine, I am fine. My heart is just the way it is. Working makes me feel good,  so I like to do it. Life is an endless string of days, so do what makes you feel good I guess. For me that is a good days labor as part of my day. Staying busy, and also relaxing at the end. Wake up every day ready to do it again. I guess I have a pretty good disposition,  and I know I didn't make me this care free. I am a product of my path. I know the anxieties,  questions,  impossible task it is to mold the World and your life into how you "think" it should be.

My way leaves that in other hands. World Shmorld, I couldn't care less. I am content as I am. I will not help shape future events. I am not that arrogant. Having a side causes anger. Sides are dumb. I'll still do my bit, just cuz. That happens with a turn.

Anyhoo,  I basically got nothing,  but you know.

Gotta run.

Have fun.   :)

xoxo.   :)

xxoo.    :)

Laterzzz.   :)

No comments: