Tuesday, January 23, 2018

What Do You Know?

So I bought a pair of running shoes and inserts. I don't really know what happened tbh. At some point in time my running shoes were my work shoes, and I didn't have a replacement. The store I usually go to went out of business. I felt eventually I'd have to go to the running store,  and spend the big bucks.  I haven't walked for a clerk in forever,  and I don't know how I pronate.   It turns out I don't.  My feet are an 8, so I went with a 9. I even tried walking with 2 pair of inserts,  and one definitely felt better than the other. I don't have high arches.

I honestly don't know if it will turn into anything, cuz my knees stopped holding up in the past,  but what the heck.

Yesterday was one of those crappy rainy days. I went to a local place for a couple beers. I ran into Hawaii Greg, and shot the shit for a bit. I didn't do the bogo burritos, cuz I wasn't hungry. I came home, napped,  and had ramen noodles for dinner. I have been craving them for some reason. A perfect for me dinner, and an early bedtime.

I still am kinda sleepy for some reason,  maybe a lack of vitamin D. I finally have good bike riding sidewalks,  and weather,  so that should get me outside to help with vitamin D.

Other than that not much. Talking to Greg,  he works at Evergreen Commons. I thought it was an old people's home, but it is an activity center for the age challenged. Age challenged is anyone over 50. They have an exercise room, and pool, and stuff. I am over 50 too, so I thought I'd check it out. I may run into a lot of blue haired people,  but who cares.  I think it is relatively inexpensive.  I should at least check it out. I don't really know how much time I have to frequent a place like that. Maybe how much time I am willing  to give. It's worth a check out I guess.

Other than that not much. I have no plans for running at all. All my plans have failed,  so one day at a time. If for some reason I can successfully up my mileage who knows? 

Life is busy though.  There is yard work,  and house work.  Gardens need to be watered, etc...   life is busy, and we'll never get all the things done. Show me someone who succeeds in one area, and there are 5 they are failing at. They'll let you know about the one though, if they even have that.

There are probably ways to have a better version of myself, but perfection is out of reach currently. No amount of labor or sacrifice will take me there,  so all is vain anyway.

Sometimes I see people angry at others for the stupidest of reasons. Almost in a way, how can you do that?  Almost as if saying why can't you be perfect like me.

I think if you are angry at random people for stupid shit, that isn't their problem. It's your flaw. You don't enter into their equation at all.  Mostly these people should worry about themselves. It's not like they have some great redeeming quality. 

Anyway.  

I guess that's good. 

Cya.   :)

No comments: