Thursday, October 3, 2019

What To Do For An Encore.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. I had to work out yesterday. It's been since vacation, so I was really glad to get it in. I also took our change to the bank. $98 thank you very much. I bought steaks for dinner. I remember passing a bar on my way to the bank thinking having a beer wouldn't be horrible,  but that's about it as cravings go I think. I took Hope for a walk when I got home, and listened to a lot of the final Harry Potter book. Once again I was tired at the end of the day. Without a couple cocktails too. The last two days were around 13 miles too. I drink so often I guess I didn't know my days do wear me out. Good to know.

My resting heart rate is down another couple ticks today. The weather has been rainy, and now starting to turn chilly. I am fine with it. I like change. Whether it's the season or the $98 dollar type that feels like free money.    ;)  I have a bit of a cough that's annoying. It would have been really hard for me to get up at my early alarm. It could be for any number of reasons 2 days in. I do wonder if drinks + an early sleep give you a false wake up effect. You are done sleeping due to alcohol in you saying so. Alcohol makes you fall asleep, but it also gives you an ability to wake up early. I guess this month we will find out. I did stay up til 8:00 listening to my book.

A change has come over me in just the last year. Last year I couldn't even picture a sober October. My nightly cocktails were just a fun part of life. This year it was something I wanted to do. Hopefully even incorporating a little more sobriety into my life. I don't know how other people are on the inside, but it is impossible for me to be what one considers an alcoholic. Like that one year I smoked after college.  I could never in a million years down a pack of cigarettes in a day. Also I just cannot drink enough alcohol. It puts me to sleep. It doesn't have me wanting more at 3:00 AM, putting work into question. It's not something I crave in the morning. It's always been an end of day thing.

If people have weird cravings right when they wake up,  I cannot relate. That being said, my resting heart rate going lower isn't a bad thing. Also if during any given day I drank a whole pint, it is too much for me. I won't be hung over the next day, but I won't be at my best. I cannot drink more than a pint. Sleep comes before I ever made it much farther.

Here's hoping October goes without a hitch. The first two days weren't bad. It's just something that's off the table. I kinda think of other things to do. Can you imagine if I just get a ton more shit done instead of drinking?  That would be pretty awesome. Regardless, I am fine with how my life has gone,  and I am fine with where it's at. No complaints. No worries. Definitely no second guesses, and no what ifs.  It's an easy thing being me.

Today is a day. Not sure what I'll do. If we get out early I may see a movie.

Laterzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: