Monday, July 23, 2012

Something At Least...

Okay, I am going to get something down, although I don't really have anything, and not even sure if I want to do this, but I will anyway.  We got our run in yesterday, and I didn't add any miles.  I really have to next weekend though.  I have a plan though.  Run to where we meet up.  That adds 5 miles the there and back.  Piece of cake. 

Wanna know what we talk about on our runs?? 

Me-  "You know I am not even sure if I am going to show up to run the marathon even though I am signed up"

Ken-  "Yeah I do this to stay in shape, and I'll probably do the half.  I could probably run the half tomorrow if I wanted."   "I do it to stay in shape, I am not going to win any races, and if I P.R. I am the only one who cares about it." 

No illusions.  We know this stuff is not important in any way.  It helps us stay a bit fit, and eat what we want without gaining a ton of weight.  Part of the how big our life thing is huh??  We think our life is big, and what we do is so important, and I told you a while ago, it really isn't.  In the grand scheme of things we are really small, but in our heads we are really big. 

You may think the toughest thing I do is wake up when I do, even though I haven't really used an alarm in several years.  There is no snooze I hit.  My watch goes off at 2:00 am for 10 beeps, and like this morning I didn't hear it, but I decided to get out of bed at 3:30 or so.  Internal alarm clock, I guess we all are used to. 

I don't know what happens from here on out.  Life is a wait and see huh??  See where this all leads.  I think it is good to have no illusions though.  That is the tough stuff.  To look at life with real eyes.  Accept flaws, instead of burying them.  All you do, and all you think about you still do, even if you are the only one you let know of the things you do, and the things you think about.  We all have stuff we think about that is pretty personal to us, and maybe even embarrassing.

I don't know about girls, but I know guys pretty well having been one for a long time.  :)   Life is crazy complicated.  People get really tied down in all kinds of ways.  Eat this, eat that.  Work out this long. One of the things we all have in common is we have an idea of what a good and decent person does, and how they act, and we probably fail to live up to that.  We all are guilty of the well I did this and this, and he/she did that and that.  I am good right, but like I have said before, that is not how life works.  It is just you. You know your life, and you kinda know you.  It all counts too.  You cannot bury you or your past away, because it is all real.  You know what I mean???  Just cause you bury whatever doesn't mean it goes away.  Here is I guess what I have been saying, is you have been given a gift.  A gift to deal with your past, because that is part of the plan. 

Like I said, I don't know where this is heading now, but it is a wait and see.  My blog name is the wait too, so that is good. 

Later all...


No comments: