Sunday, March 20, 2011

What Doesn't Kill Us...

I told you the workout.  2-10:00 runs, followed by an hour run, followed by another 10:00 run.  I ran to the track, and ran home from the track, so warm up cool down, track, and hour run amounted to just under 15 miles.  14.85 to be exact.  That was harrrrrddddddd!!   First off I wasn't particularly fast on this day.  I think the fast people did their first 10:00 slow, and that screwed up my pace.  After 800M I realized I was below my desired 7:30 pace, so I sped up the final 800 to the mile to get the 7:30 pace and then finished up my 1 more lap plus.  That 2nd 800 screwed me up, because after 2 minutes my legs had no speed.  The fast people went their fast self, and I only managed a high 7-something for the mile.  So that sucks, and I was not happy about that.  Not sure the reason either.  Anyway the effort was there, because the hour run after was not that easy.  My hour run I averaged around 9:00 pace or maybe a bit higher.  I would have to say about 5 miles into the hour run I got a little bonky, or maybe I was just worried about the final 10:00 coming up, and maybe even the run home.  Alan's son asked me what kind of Gu I used at the 5 mile spot, and I said "not sure,  I cannot read right now"  :)  lol

At this point Ken took off before Jeff (MWMFN), and I.  I figured we'd catch him, but we didn't.  As a matter of fact Jeff went ahead of me, and I had to let him go.  I started feeling better at the 6 mile mark, and was able to pick my pace up again.  Still the dread dread dread of the final 10:00.  That is brutal.  What will I have left???   Am I going to throw up like a 9:00 mile on that sucker??  A lot plays on your mind on a workout like this.  I am happy to say on my final 10:00 I threw up a 8:07.  I had no speed in my legs, but cardiovascularly it was a piece of cake.  As a matter of fact I went and finished up another 3/4 lap to complete the track workout at 4 miles.  Warm up Cool down was also 4 miles, and hour run was just under 7 miles.  Here is what Alan says about this workout.  The final 10:00 you will not feel any worse than you do at the end of a marathon.  True True.  At the end of the track my calves were tightening up a bit, and I still had to run home.   Been there done that before, and my calves loosened up as I started to run, and the legs felt fine running myself home.  A heckuva workout.  I napped, and was tired all day long.  Even lil' Cathy was zonked too, and she paces 26.2's for fun.  That should tell you something.  Glad to have a workout like that in my system.  Kinda makes you want to do more and more.

On another note a guy I work with ran his first 5K for speed.  His name is Cory, and he is the Plumbing Manager.  His first one was a 24:40'ish something.  He said he went too fast at the start, and didn't have  a kick at the end.  5K's are tough like that.  You start off, and you are not winded.  You can ruin the whole race in the first 1/2 mile.  At 800M is where you start feeling your effort.  You can be too fast, but doubt you can be too slow.  On race day you are going faster than you think anyway.  For me, I want to have a kick at the end, I don't want to survive.  My thoughts anyway.  A big congrats though, it took me a long time to break 25:00, and he has been training steadily for over 1 year.  I think he is training for a half now.  His Dad is a sub: 2 hour 25K'er too, so there is some running in the family.

Other than that my brackets still aren't too bad.  I got my first #1 seed ousted.  Pitt is out, they lost to Butler.  Lucky guess on my part.  :)   lol.  Go Illinois!!!   :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!  :)

p.s. think good marathon thoughts.  A blogger who I have been reading for a long time is running a marathon today.  Marty Gaal.  A lot of training goes into those things, and a lot can go wrong.  He'll have other races, but hope he has a good marathon, cause he doesn't do many of those.  Hope for good legs!!!   :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo's  for you all, and even extra ones too.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxox   lol.   Even hidden ones too.  ;)

Have a great Sunday all.  I'll have to be nice to my wife today, cause I was a bit tired, and irritable yesterday.  :)   lol


Now for really really cya cya cya!!!   :D  :D

No comments: