Thursday, March 17, 2011

Abridged Workout

Well we hit the track for the first time, and I really didn't know what to expect.  First track workouts are a pretty good gauge of your fitness I think.  A big learning step anyway.  I think Alan picked a perfect workout too.  It sounds like it is hard, but it really is pretty simple.  As one of the guys asked, "What do you mean simple?"  I answered, "Compared to the rest"  :) 

It is repeat miles, tempo, followed by marathon pace.  Marathon pace is the recovery.  The Boston and early people did 3, and us Bayshore people did 2 of them.  The most important part of this workout is to see what your marathon pace is right now.  My tempo's were 7:28-7:33.  7:33 was pretty easy compared to the first one.  My marathon pace came out to 8:28.  My 2nd one got cancelled, as I had to take Alan's van to unload some excess calories.  The bathrooms weren't open, and I would not have survived the 2nd marathon mile.  So my workout was abridged.  I guess in the next 2-1/2 months I would like to take off at least 20 seconds to those two paces.  We shall see.  Boy, you think you know your self so well.  You run so much you would think I would know what my chances are.  Just have to put in the work.  I need to take my road bike in.  Temps are starting to get pretty nice.  Trails are starting to melt too for softer running.  :)



Saturday will be a start.  Listen to this workout.  I will run to the High School and back, which is 2.70 miles.  Alan has on tap for us 2-10:00 runs.  A run around Eldeans, which is around  9 miles, and return to run another 10:00 around the track.  So in my 16'ish mile run, I will have 3-10:00 tempo runs.  That should get the ball rolling. 

Guess that is about it for today!!  :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!    :)

p.s.  I like it when little life stuff pops into my blog.  It doesn't always, but I like when it does.  :)

Have a great one.  xoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya!!!   :)

No comments: