Sunday, March 6, 2011

Long Run Saturday

There are few days as important to me as Long Run Saturday or Speed Work Wednesday.  Spring training seems to be a bit different than Fall training.  In Fall training I like to fill up my Monday with a 10-13 miler.  Spring I take Monday off from running, or do something short so I can get a 6 miler or so before Wednesday.  Reason for it??  No not really, I do whatever.  I like long run Saturday, and I like getting high miles frequently and early.  Yesterday I planned for, 15 and ended up with just under 16.  We didn't have a good turnout yesterday, and that hurts a bit.  Sharing the long run helps with keeping up a good speed.  At least for me.  So I ran solo most of the way out.  We were doing an out and back.  I went out to the 14 mile turnaround, which actually was the 16 mile turnaround, hence the 16 miles.  Kevin and Bob were out doing the 18 turnaround with lil Cathy.  They caught up to me at mile 9.5'ish I think.  They were going Marathon pace for them, which is 7:15's maybe, but Bob notified Kevin it was quicker than that.  Cathy trailed back a bit, and after the stop she ran with me.  For her getting 20 miles speed wasn't a concern, especially since those two dragged her the 1st half pretty quickly.  Her running with me made me go faster.  So her going slow, made me go fast.  Trust me I cannot hang with her.  Even her running slow was hard.  I yo-yo'd quite a bit, and when we were toward the end I was done.  I was going to do another lap with her, but I was done. 

Just a couple notes, up to 9.5 miles I was probably running 9:25's or so.  The final 6.5 miles made my total pace drop to 9:07, even with a few miles against a pretty stiff breeze.  So it definitely sped me up trying to hang with lil Cathy.  I kept thinking during the yo yo'ing to hang tough hang tough.  So my mind was helping me stay strong.  There was nothing at the end either, so definitely a good effort for me.  Like I say I like to get high mileage early.  I am hoping to get a little 4 miler today to put me over 30 miles, and now I am starting to get somewhere.  On Wednesday Alan has us going back to the cemetery to do what we think may be close to 1000's.  My goals for Bayshore I am not sure.  We'll see if I can get to 3:35 shape again.  I may not, but gonna try.  3:45 would still be a p.r. so would be happy with that.  How fun is this???   :)

Only thing missing would be long bike ride Sunday.  I always like to post my long bike rides, cause I am vain like that.  :)  lol   Other than that Lisa and I had a pretty nice day.  We saw a movie, and had dinner, and saw another movie.  Today I work for a few hours, and that is that. 

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  How bout them Blackhawks   :)

Love You All  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

You all are the best   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Like to throw extra of these for my Welsh friends.  xxxxxxxxxxx

Doreen and Jules.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Gina xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Starks xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Nikki and Kyle xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya.   :)

No comments: