Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Old Guy-Run-NCAA Tourney

Yeah, going to be a long one.  I am getting coffee first.  Hold on.  :)

I looked back at  the old guy again.  I find it interesting what I wrote.  Here it is:

So anyway I got to hang out with my friend Jacob yesterday.  Jacob, of DeBoer Bros cafe and bakery.  I learned a lot.  I learned the mirror went farther than I thought.  A lot of things happening to friends and stuff in my neck of the woods.

I met a guy who just lost his wife this past December.  They were married 61 years.  Between breaking 22:00 in a 5K and meeting this man.  I'd rather meet the man.  I didn't want to know his sadness though.  Those are things only God can deal with.  YIKES!!


Pre-race.  You know what???  Don't even care.  I had such a full day yesterday hanging out with Jacob it doesn't even matter.  Give me life or give me a race, I'll take life.  I plan on kicking FUCKING ASS in that race though!!!  FUCK IT!!!  :)


Post Race:

First off I did think of that old guy after my race.  Glad I was alone, when thinking about him.  :)  It tells me something about my future.  I won't say anything about it.  I have hinted about it before.  Wanna know a great promise I have been given?  Everything that happens will be for good.  How about that?

Isn't that interesting. Last thing I really wanted to do was think of that old guy, but I was lead there anyway.  Interesting huh?  

Anyhoo,  We ran last night, and it was a surprising run.  I didn't tell you about my 16 miler on Saturday.  Jerry, Jeff, and I ran together.  Once I met up with them, and the group, we headed off west around Eldeans Yacht Club.  That was over 5-3/4 miles against a 25 mph. wind.  Ummm that sucks.  I think it took its toll on us, because it seemed like a pretty hard run for 16 miles.  It mapped out exactly 16 miles on my route too.  How about that??   My pace was 9:30-ish.  That was a bit disheartening.  16 miles-tired legs-slower pace than I would have liked.  I found out last night we all pretty much felt like crap after that run.  Wind is a bitch.  Last night we ran our 6 mile route on the snow melt.  This is what surprised me.  We went slow, and easy, and really it was an enjoyable run.  Never pushed it, the temps were 40-ish, and it felt pretty good.  I was surprised to see a 8:30 pace at the end.  We haven't been running that fast, and I felt we were going at 9:00 pace or something.  Kinda freaked me out.  In a good way though.  Maybe a couple back to back 30 mile weeks has me getting in a bit of better shape.  I'll take it.  There is still hope for me.  :)

Bob, Helen, Matt, Kristen, and the funny teacher lady were out too last night.  I even saw Melgert, Lisa's Dad coming out of the bookstore.  I am not sure what book he got.  He is interested in books like "U.S. bolts on their subs were stronger than the German bolts they used on their subs-and other turning points in the War"  Nice enough guy, but you really wouldn't want to have too long of a conversation with him.  Luckily he stopped bringing out all his firearms to show off every time we visit.  Once every five years or so.   :)   j/k.  

Now the Tourney.  I took another 6 minutes filling out my brackets.  If I could have looked at every teams schedule, and who they played, and how they played against the better teams I would have.  I didn't see an easy way to do it, and I wasn't that interested in taking too much time to find an easy way.  So I went by gut.  I saw a few Big 10 games this year, and a lot of Big 10 teams have go to players, who I feel can take over a game.  In my opinion future NBA players.  I know that is hard to predict, but that is what I think.  Big 10 kicks butt is how my brackets came out.  5 teams in the sweet 16.
Big Upset????  Illinois beats Kansas.  Butler beats Pittsburgh.  Final 4 is Purdue, BYU, Duke, and Ohio State.  Ohio State beats Purdue in the Championship.  Sorry folks, looks like that will be the winning picks.  :)

In my bizarro world last place is 1st place, so I am going for the Championship 2nd year in a row.  :)
Woo Hoo!!!   :)

That is it for today!!!   :)
Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)
xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)
p.s. Bulls #1 in the East as we speak.  #1 means Miami would have to play the Celtics, and winner gets the Bulls, if things would fall that way.  A big deal in my opinion.  

Now for really really cya cya cya.   :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

Sorry but Kansas is going all the way this year! :)