Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Vase Of Flowers

That is what we are doing.  We take off our layers, so we can stand alone.  This shit takes courage, because there is security in the masses... in a way.  But the masses destiny ends in one place... the ground.  So we take this little journey, and it isn't easy.  Like I said it takes courage.  You are doing nothing new that hasn't been done.  The weird thing about this is some of the people are doing it, and blogging about it.  So a tougher road then most, but those that do the tough things what do you think will happen??  You think you will be ridiculed, or do you think you are being led on a path where you will be honored??  So in my opinion if I call someone a beautiful flower, I cannot imagine a better compliment I can give.  It means this person is leading the way.  I joke around, and am a jokester, but last night I felt in my heart the connection.  This person gets it.  She is the leader.  There is more to life than just what we do.  Work, kids, etc... doubts, fears, sadness, good times, tough times.  When I read a blog, and if it was a heart pouring blog then the only thing that comes out in my comment is love.  :)

You don't have to rush things.  You don't have to blog every day.  I have help with this.  It is easy for me, and for some reason I am supposed to do this.  Does it put your mind at ease to have me write something every day??  So you know I love you all.

Now to switch gears here, I am going to cut myself some slack.  Last night we did mile repeats.  Boston people had 5, and I could do 3 or 4.  I wanted to do 4, but man those suckers were hard.  My legs felt great, except the hips.  The area where the top of the leg hit the hip.  That little muscle is sore on both legs, and I can feel it.  I would have liked to stretch, and massage before the workout, but I ran out of time.  I worked late, got a haircut, had to grab something to eat.  I biked to and from work, so I was busy busy busy.  The mile repeats had 800M recovery between them.  The mile repeats were 800M up, and 800M down.  My times were 7:52- 7:49- 7:45.  Not happy about that, and that really ticked me off.  Flat track would they have been 7:30s??   I didn't get the 4th one either although I wanted it.  Legs just were not all that great, and I thought... (makes me mad cause I want to be tough at this)  live to fight another day.  I want to be tough, and seem tough, especially since I know I am going to blog about it.  I thought about it this morning though, and you know when I do speedwork??  10:00 pm if you wake up in the morning at 6:00 am.  So if I don't get a nap during the day like yesterday I may not even be at my best.  I wake up at 2:00 am typically, so I can read blogs, comment, and write my blog.  So I have been up for 16 hours on 6 hours of sleep or less probably, getting ready to do the hardest workout of the week.  So I cut myself a little slack.  Not too much though, because look at all these tough bloggers I read who do sooooo much better than me.  I am mad I am not tougher at this shit.  :)   Fuck it!!  Maybe I am mad I am not in as good of shape as I'd like to be.    (run on paragraph???)  lol

I think one of the things about this blog is whose name will show up??  I never know why the heck I do what I do, but maybe that is it.  Anyway I just added a new blogger.  I have been wanting to add for a while.  I have no idea her name, but her comments come across as ADC.  We read a lot of the same people.  I just let her know.  I'll get her in my reader, and put her on my RHS.

So anyway John Miller posted on my wall a link.  John Miller was probably Steve Rose's best friend??  or at least one of them.  I'll share it on FB.  It was about that lady who won the New York Marathon, how she tried to help Paula Radcliffe instead of trying to win the race.  Was that last year??  I don't know, but it is good.  I will share it on FB and Twitter.  It is 15 minutes, but yeah go for the win or help someone along the way.  The win came after she helped.  Now you know John Miller was the first one I called when I found out about Steve R.  Actually it was from him I found out about it from.  So now I have all these close friends like Gina, Doreen, and even Jules who I don't know hardly, but she likes me enough to have me come to Florida to visit.  What a girl.  On the other end we have Steve's sister Beth Rose Mickel.  She has been thinking of Steve lately, and I feel for her.  I know she has sadness, because I can feel it in me.  Of course Jen Gray gave her some input.  Kinda like I am with you girl.  That is how Jen Gray is.  Gotta love her.  Life is filled with this kind of stuff, and we have to look at it.  Life is filled with all these little traps that hurt us.  It is a stain so to speak, and our natural tendency is to put a sheet over it to hide it, instead of doing the hard job of actually cleaning it.  To clean we must look at it, and let our heart go to where it is going to go.  It isn't easy, because some of it will be sad.  The sadness is hard to look at, remember those people at the bar.  You wanna know what though???  Gina always says God never gives us more than we can handle.  So your little journey is you looking at your life through this mirror.  We go slow, because it is too much at once.  This is a marathon so to speak, and there is nothing fast through the first 18 miles at least.  Try and be patient, and don't be afraid of what is being shown you.  You have help.  There is one with better vision than you, and he knows what he is doing.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!  :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!  :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)


p.s. I want to give a little shout out to Beth's husband Oscar.  I never give him enough credit, but he has done more than you can imagine.  He is a great guy.  :)  As always I like to thank Maija, and Leigh for having me on their right hand side for a long time.  Christi too, because you have no idea how great you are.  :)

Love You alll!!!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

You all are the best!!!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Like to throw extra of these for my Welsh friends.   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extra for Gina, Jules, and Doreen  I wuv you 3.  :)   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So what if I want to throw a couple extra for JPH.  That bitch probably likes 'em.  :)   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras for the rest of you too.   :)   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Now for really really cya cya cya.    :)))

1 comment:

Christi said...

Don't beat yourself up over the mile repeats. You did what your body was capable of for that day and that is more than a lot of people can say. You did awesome!