Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stronger

We ran "The Cross" again yesterday, and I can tell already I am stronger than last time.  I may have gone slower than last time too, but it was a yak trax day, and my yaks were at home.  The roads were covered with snow, and you know that can be annoying.  We make it the first of 8 legs, and me being the lover of rest I  stopped, and grabbed some Gatorade.  Alan, just parks his van takes out a table, and has water and Gatorade there.  I wasn't thirsty, but I like my rest.  Anyway I go ahead on the 2nd leg, and it isn't too bad.  I finally have "The Cross" figured out.  The cross is really a run to the cross.  Leg 1, 3 out and backs legs, each 1 mile a piece, and the leg back to the car.  The 3 there and backs are easier going out, and harder coming back.  Every time you finish a back leg you are happy to see that damn van, and grab some Gatorade.  If you don't know what the cross is it is just hills.  Not just little rolling hills, but steep skiing hills almost.  It is the hardest hills we have in our area, unless you try running up sand dunes, which btw we have a  10K that has that as part of the fun.  :)

So anyway I attacked the ups, and I felt good attacking the ups.  The downs I just relaxed.  I hate downhills for training, because they are hard on the legs, so I just ease those.  I love ups.  They are easy on the legs, and hard on the lungs.  25K the hills are where I take off.  We are strong on hills in the Spring, because our route is hilly.  I should run more trails this year.  We have the dunes at Saugatuck that are freaking hard.  Make sure I do this.  A lot of times I just like to run from my house.  :)

Anyway what a great freakin day yesterday was.  I got my run in.  A low mileage easy on the legs run, so I can double up on a semi-long run now.  Our 10 day forecast has a lot of 38 degree highs.  We have turned the corner.  Maybe "The Wait" has turned a corner too.

You wanna know a secret?????

We Got This!!!

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!  :)

p.s.  I am cooking Lisa an anniversary dinner tonight.  Not sure what.  I'll go shopping after my run.

Love You all!!!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

You all are the best.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Like to throw extra of these for my Welsh friends.   xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras for Doreen, and Jules, and whoever Doreen wants to give them too, because I trust her. trust Jules too.  :)  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras for Gina since she is mad at me 110% of the time.  :)   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

All the rest of ya's too.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras for everyone at Steve R's thing xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

All Chihaks  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

Pejchls xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras for you who don't read this too.   :)   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo   lol

work.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Everyone else too o.k.  :)))  

I love my new bloggers too they are awesomeeeeeeeee!!!   Big MWAH's to you all.  :)

This here is important to my old bloggers + 1.  Your path is harder than all others.  I told Gina this last summer.  Beth's will be the easiest of the 5, because she is the most faithful.  You have been given a lot, so a lot is going to be expected.  There is a special plan for you, and you will suffer for the sake of good, as I must too.  So there is a special plan for you, and you will be the strongest of the strong.  Your hard path will help us when this thing is done.  So don't plan on an easy path, but don't worrry o.k.  Like I said we got this.  You will be led in a good way.  Don't despair.  :)  There are special plans for you.   :)  What an honor huh???

Jen Gray I love you.   :)   God put you on this earth for a reason, what a huge heart you have.  :)

Kim Sheridan, and Tia, and Leigh too.  You rock.

All the bloggers too like I said.

Now for really really cya cya cya.   :)


Shit almost forgot, The Boston people did an extra there and back.  They all look good,  Bob and Kevin are running strong, lil Cathy is strong now too, and Carol N is running good too.  She'll be running 18 miles today I think with Ganzi's group.  Nancy W is a little injured, been that way for like 2 years, but she still keeps plugging on.  Jerry is battling a calf issue, but still beat me on the last big hill.  He had yaks on though.  :)  lol,  I was gassed.  :)   I felt so good after I wish I ran another leg.  Ken is running good too.  He is signed up for Chicago.  He ran his first marathon at the age of 57 I think.  

Sorry if I forgot anyone.  :)

Oh and yeah I am pretty sure Oscar would be faster than anyone in our group.  Kevin may be close, who knows.  Now for him to get that 26.2.  I am pretty sure he's got it.  Who p.r.'s 5K's by a minute???   :)

That is what the cross looks like.  :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

Great job on some serious hills!