Saturday, February 5, 2011

2nd Day After

Oh my gosh was I in agony yesterday.  It was the 2nd day after my shoveling day.  My back was absolutely toast.  I kept trying to stretch stretch stretch it to no avail.  I even took aspirin.  Me!!!!   I took 4 aspirin, and those may be the only 4 I take all year.  I am lucky to never get headaches, so I rarely have to  take aspirin.  My wife probably takes aspirin every day.  Ibuprofen, I am allergic to that.  Only thing she takes more than Ibuprofen is probably M & M's.  :)   Yep, she is a chocolate junky.  Dark chocolate ones are her faaaav!!!   :)

I tried using the beer muscle relaxer, and I think that helped.  I will be able to get my long run in.  I cannot imagine much stopping me from getting my long run in anyway.  I saw that girl who got run over by a car, and smashed her pelvis.  She was running the snow-melt.  She has her Boston Marathon coming up.  It didn't look like everything felt all that great from her stride, but she is a tough tough girl.  Kinda strange how that is huh??  The tough ones do some very very tough stuff, but nice as heck when you are just talking to them huh??  Pretty neat.  :)  So anyway it looks like I will be able to sandwich speed work, and long run between my back agony.  Lucky me!!!   :)   I think I want to get there early, and do a couple loops + 12 for a 15 mile day.  Mile 6 and 7 of the 12 mile route is a dooooooooozy!!   Hilly.  Going to be a tough one.  This winter route we do is very hilly.  Come May when we do Riverbank those back half hills are nothing.  Actually that is usually where I take off, around mile 8 or so. 

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. Johnny's fight is tonight!!!   Wooooooo!!!   Olga is in a cast so cannot do much of anything, but she can come back determined like the tough girl with the smashed pelvis.  Nothing wrong with copying the good ones.  :)

Love you all!!!!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

You all are the best!!!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Like to throw extra of these in for my Welsh friends!!!!   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now for Really Really cya cya cya!!!   :)

Shit almost forgot again!!!   MWAH!!!   MWAH!!!   MWAH!!!   MWAH!!!   :)   lol

1 comment:

Nancy's Mental Floss said...

Quite impressive that you rarely, if ever take any pain relievers. Lucky you :)

I did learn one thing when it comes to pain and exercise.... You really need to rest, and I mean REST. Skipping a day or two from your rigorous exercise routine is what you might actually need. If you push yourself too hard, you will only be injuring yourself more. If exercise is your release, besides blogging, you can do light stuff like walking to keep things limber. That snow was just awful. I thought it would take me a week to feel remotely normal again after that, but I did light stuff for a couple of days and I actually felt pretty close to pain free in 2 days.

Take it easy, Steve, and you will be feeling better in no time :)

Hugs :)