Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy Day...

First off, I ran long yesterday.  I haven't been getting many long runs in, but I felt confident.  I ran to the school to meet up with the group.  We have less people than normal, but a lot of the mainstays.  Bob, Kevin and Matt were the fast people.  Amanda and Christa went out with their group.   Let it be known I used to be fast enough to hang with those two, but they have since passed me.  I'll try and catch up again.   I went out with Mike H. and Carol and Nancy W. went out together.  Mike is training for Ironman Louisville.  It will be his first, and ay ay ay!!  How people want to do those is beyond me.  I mean the day is going to be over 12 hours long.  He had to run 17 miles that day too,  #YIKES  I am so not ready for a 17 miler. 

Anyhoo after the first stop, John Emil caught up to us.  You remember him the 67 year old who was really 66, and my guess now turned 65 just recently.  :)  He recovered from an aneurism a few years back, and had open heart surgery.  He did the Disney trifecta this past winter, and is now training for a  50 mile race somewhere.  He is running around 70 miles/week, and you know he has been known to get up to 90 miles, but I think he says he stays more healthy doing 70 or so.  Even if I could stay healthy, I don't know if I would ever want to run 70 miles.  I like running, and I like improving, but I don't think I like running that much.  :)

Anyway John, and I let Mike go his way, and we took off back home at our turnaround.  Like I said I was not sure how far I would go.  I had mapped out close to 13 miles, but at our last stop, I decided to just run home instead of back to the school and back home.  Playing it safe.  My run was over 90 minutes, and it was 10.4 miles @ 9:15 pace.  A good start.  We'll see if I get my running volume up to run the G.R. marathon, or if I will focus on a 1/2 marathon, and build speed.  We will see. 

It felt good to be back to my normal'ish self again.  :)  I also rode my bike to work and back, and worked 4 hours.  I had a couple drinks, some pizza, and an early bed, as I guess long days of running, working, and drinks make you tired.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!    :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  As I mention Doreen and Jules everyday, I also add Brandy  *the girl*  She seems like a crazy fun girl, and she reminds me of Boston Kim.  So there.   :)

Love You All   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

My legs feel pretty good, so going to get another run in.   :)

Now for really really cya cya cya   :D   :D 

No comments: