Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Battling Through

Okay Okay this is no secret, I suck at running in the heat.  I absolutely suck suck suck at it.  Maybe we all do.  I mean it isn't ever a fitness thing it just zaps me mentally.  Yesterday I had an idea to add to my run home.  I wanted to do more than the 3+ milers I have been doing.  So I thought if I just add the 3.37 mile loop home from my 3.5 turn home, I should be close to 6.5 miles.  I never did map it out, so I am not sure how far I went.  Somewhere between 6, and 6.5.  I ran for 58 minutes. 

Important parts of the run are any turns I could have made to shorten the route.  I have a ton of them.  It was 80+ and definitely humid out.  Stuff I suck in.  at 41 minutes into my run, I have a turn, that takes me home, and lets me escape the hill.  I stopped for a water break here.  Mosied on up the hill, and survived all the rest of the turns.  I had to cut short the last leg home, and walk, but that was just due to poopy issues.  I don't have the poop in the middle of traffic down yet.  I'll get there.  An important goal for me this year.  :)  lol. 

On a serious note, the heat played games with me mentally.  Always telling me to take the easier route, to stop short, don't go on.  I really had to battle myself on this run.  I am glad I did.  At my normal turn home at the 3.25 mile mark, I was about a minute slower than my other runs, so I was definitely going slower than normal. 

Anyway I'd like to give a little shout out to Mindee (Ironmin)  She has such a good set of eyes.  She has overcome so much.  Her journey has led her to not believing in false platitudes, but taking the courageous, and well... hmmm... you know really just a  courageous way to view life.  She trusts her eyes, and believes them, and accepts what she sees.  A lot like Kim Sheridan.   I am so glad I found people like her to read.  Makes me feel good to see people take such huge steps.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  White Sox are 6 games back, and Tigers are 1.5.  Looks like it will be a race after all.  Woo Hoo!!!  :)

Love You All  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras for Mindee   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

haven't forgotten about you Christi  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  She is struggling through some stuff. 

Extras for the rest of you toooooo   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo   :))


Now for really really cya cya cya  :D   :D 

1 comment:

Christi said...

Great job for winning the battle with your mind! That is always a great rush!

Thanks for the good thoughts! I really appreciate them