Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Cough Is Still Here

I still have my cough, so that sucks. I am not sure if it is getting better or not. At first I figured it was my medication, cuz it is a side effect. I just had to change the prescription, which I eventually got around to. Honestly I haven't even been paying a ton of attention to it. I'll see how it does the next couple weeks. My resting heart rate is high, so my body is definitely fighting. It's not an alcohol induced high heart rate either. 

I guess I am finally considering this cough a thing I should pay attention to. Anyway Monday was Monday. I did what I said. I did skip my workout. I talked myself into skipping,  cuz of rain, and bike. Also cuz I have a wrist thing I am dealing with. I think it is from repetitive movements, probably scooping flour. That's how I just had tennis elbow. It may be from working out, but the exercises don't really bug my wrist. Push ups do, but I switched to using my fists to hold my weight, and it doesn't bug my wrist. 

So I definitely got things going on. Yesterday I lost over $1000 in my investment accounts.   :)  In one day.   The good news is oil prices plummeted. So maybe that can offset the travel slow down we will be sure to see.  Airline tickets should be cheaper. I'm not flying anywhere though. Definitely not the year to be checking out cities. 

I did get a lot more of my outsider book read. I watched the last episode on HBO too. Audible gave me a 2 books for the price of one credit. I got a Dean Koonts book, and the Red sparrow one or whatever its called. Hold on, I am going to check. I hope it's not the one I already returned. Yeah, its the one they made a movie of. The movie was good, also its #1 in a 3 part series I think. I am a way away from it though. The current book I am listening to has like 23 hours left. 

So life goes on I guess. What will this year look like?  Will the virus die out?  It seems to have in China. It's made its mark though. Cruise ships definitely got hit. It's pretty amazing the power of a virus huh?  

I figure people are pretty worried, and perhaps angry about stuff. My piddly little investments lost $1000 on paper. Can you imagine how much sizable investments lost in money on paper?  Yikes. People who make their money by investing have to be scared. Most aren't happy when we lose money. Say your job is working on a cruise ship?  There will be layoffs there. 

Real jobs will be lost, and it will be real people with bills losing them. The extent of the damage will largely be how this virus plays out. If China is any indication it probably has a short shelf life. A Presidential Election may be won or lost by it. If it doesn't have a short shelf life in the US, like it did in China blame has to fall somewhere. It will fall on the one who cannot control what comes out of his mouth. 

How the choices are from 3 old white men again is beyond me. Upper 70s is the time you are in retirement. Not trying to make your mark. That time has passed. 

Anyway, I got my day to day. I got books, and jobs, and meals to eat, etc... I just gotta get rid of this cough. It will definitely be an interesting few months. Spring is here too I believe. We are seeing 40s, and 50s as the highs. It's hard to dip far below that as we are transitioning to warmer months, but you never know I guess. 

Anyway, I have a day today. It should be okay I think. 

Laterzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.          :)

xxoo.          :)

Byeeeeeeee.        :)))

No comments: