Friday, March 20, 2020

Changing The Schedule...Not So Easy.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. When I first found out I was going to get some time off, I thought I'd give it a week, and see about picking up hours at my other job after the week. About 5 minutes into my week off I decided to just check on hours. There were hours to be had, so I picked them up. The schedule is different, so not so easy. Basically the opposite. Instead of being in bed at 8:00 PM, I am going to work. Instead of being up for the day by 4:00 AM, I am going to bed.  That takes some getting used to. I survived I guess. a little more tired than usual, but I am glad I worked. It always feels good to have money coming in. Our security kinda depends on it in ways. 

Tomorrow I work at 5:00 AM, so kinda back to normal. I can work again next week too, and we will see if things open up after that. Remember how I used to plan for my future by saying, "All things being equal"?   Oh well. I guess all things are no longer equal. Once again all of us are traveling into the great unknown.  

I can't imagine what people do to fill the time. TV watching I suppose.  My routine was a pretty big part of my life, and that has changed a bit. I have enough money to tide me over, plus I have money coming in still. I imagine it can be tough for some people. 

It appears all we spend money on now is bills and food. We aren't going out to eat or anything. What happens to all the restaurants?   The travel industry?  Airlines?  The great unknown I guess. The strain on the financial system seems like it will be pretty huge. Maybe we are able to get back to a new normal. Maybe it happens quickly.  I don't know.  I know none of us planned for this. 

I like my normal. I hope we get back to something close to it. If not, I guess I'll find a new one. 

Today I have a day off. I think i.may have a couple cocktails.  One good thing about working my other job is I don't drink at all. If I didn't work, which I had an opportunity, I would probably had a couple cocktails each day, instead of none. 

The lucky thing for me is when we get back to normal I won't be behind. Lisa gets unemployment for time missed, and I make just a little less than normal.  

The people with no money coming in has to be tough.  Unemployment takes a while to kick in. Car payments,  rents, and mortgages still need to be made. Insurance and utilities too. 

Stress has been added I guess to everyone's life.  Vision becomes clearer I guess when your normal day to day gets smashed. You counted on same old same old for your security. It don't take long for that to disappear does it?  

We all learned something. My normal was demolished a long time ago, so I knew of these possibilities.  What happens when this unknown gets turned into anger from a good portion?  

Anyway, today is a day.  A day off too.  :)

Laterzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: