Monday, December 4, 2017

What Is One To Say

This weekend was just a little messy I guess you'd say. It started off normal enough. I worked on Saturday, I had time to take Hope for a walk before the movie. I got some good news in the inheritance. I wasn't sure the tax consequences,  but really you are only liable for any capital gains. John is transferring all assets to the estate, so that automatically moves our cost basis to the day of the  death. So basically minimal tax exposure. I had no idea.

So that just is ridiculous. Plans run through your mind, like what will you do?  We did go out and look at a property someone told Lisa about. It is 2 acres on a wooded lot. There is a driveway,  septic, and well already. Ready to build so to speak,  but we sure aren't. I looked at properties around here, and some have been on  the market for a while.

I am not sure if we are up for that sort of thing. I am new to that game, and pretty much know nothing. Not sure if I even want to do that stuff. It won't be soon.

My best course of action is work,  eat, sleep. We can take a look at that stuff further down the road. What you can know is I will shortly have my mortgage paid off. That is ~ $150,000 In assets.

This weekend was a mess though. I stayed up fucking around too late on Saturday. I made it to work at 5:00 AM. I wasn't tired,  but I'd rather get my regular sleep. After we checked out the property I took Hope. A dog got loose,  and came after us. The owners were really slow getting that stupid dog of theirs. Hope would have killed that little fucker. I would have let her too if that dog tried to bite Hope. I kept Hope on the chain, but I let Hope face that fucker to defend herself. The dog was smart enough to keep her distance. She was just loud and annoying. If I had my wits I would have yelled at the owners to get their fucking dog ffs. They were slow, and stupid about it.

So, anyway my adrenaline was up. I ended up not cooking dinner, and we just picked up KFC.

The weekend was kinda a mess. Today is Monday, so back to my normal routine. I have a lot to do this week, so here is to me being productive.

As of now I have no plans for the future.  Just work,  eat, sleep. Everything is much easier that way. It helps you not to have to read the tea leaves of how the future will play out.  I suspect that is a good source of stress in life.

Anyway, here is to getting back to my regular scheduled program. Keep life easy.

Later.    :)

No comments: