Monday, May 28, 2012

And Then Life Happened...

So your going along doing your daily routine, which is a busy one.  You have a ton of energy, taking care of kids, and going through a what turns out to be ugly divorce, and that zaps you.  One of the strongest most confident people I know is getting beaten down with life.  Then the Father of your children dies...

You see when life takes over, there is very little that is important.  Making it to the spin class, or hitting up the treadmill or whatever, none of it matters.  Life stepped in a big way, and here you feel weak.  You don't know how you will survive the coming months.  What about the kids.  How much stuff will she be worrying about.  Her vision is good here.  She has a clear view of life, and it is different than what we think it should be. 

We think we should always be happy.  We think life should be fun dammit, and most of the time we should feel pretty good about things.  It doesn't always work out that way does it?  This friend of mine, who I will keep nameless although some of you will know her, her and I have a history.  We went to H.S. together, but really got to know each other the last couple years.  We had similar interests, and we are both blessed with a ton of energy, so we'd see each other up at weird times.   :) 

This is a time where she really needs support, because her World was just rocked.  It leaves me with a heavy heart, because I see a tough time ahead.  There are memories to sift through, and regardless of an ugly divorce there was a life together.  One where things at least for a little while were good. 

Life happens.  You won't escape it, and as you get older you deal with more.  You see how silly everything looks when your world gets turned upside down??  Not a lot that seems very important does it??  All the shit in the world is pretty stupid when life happens.  None of the shit we do really matters either.  That is a true vision, and as shitty as it may seem it is the truth. 

With that in mind I have run a lot this winter, and decided to put my name on the dotted line for the G.R. marathon.  Not that it means shit in comparison to things pertaining to life and death, but it is something to do.  I also remember a time where I did some hard running in the summer.  I think I can do that again.  Have to do more trails though. :)

Have a good one all.  :)

cya...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! prayers for her and her children....
Doreen
MWAH*****

Christi said...

Well said sir... Ironically on point for me right now. Just got back from the hospital to pick up my son. Car wreck...He is fine and got very lucky. My truck not so much and yet the crap life keeps going on right now. Can't put all details out here but damn...I don't know how much more I can take.