Sunday, January 1, 2012

10 Hilly Miles. Yay!!

Well yesterday my season started officially.  On New Years Eve I usually would try to run the 5K in Holland Alan puts on, but when it is on a Saturday, well long run is going to take a priority.  Jerry, and I tacked on to his route at home an extra 4 miles.  There are two ways to run this route.  On the bike path or on the street.  Ummm the bike path is hilly.  This course is pretty flat when on the street, as they level the road when they did the street I guess.  The bike path they don't level.  so it was challenging.  If I ever wondered why I do marathons, I know now.  It is a challenge.  This 10 miler was probably more like a 12 miler in effort, and it was hard, and I wondered sometimes if I can finish, but the legs kept moving.  The time and miles kept clipping off, and we got to the end I felt great.  It was an accomplishment.  I have a long way to go in the next 4 and 5 months time, but it is a challenge, and it is a time where I feel I want to focus, and get better and do better.  After last year so many downs I never felt like I hit that spot where I wanted to focus.  As much as last year might have held me back, I am hoping it makes me hungrier this year.  I did time it too, and we ended up 10 miles @ 9:04 pace.  I'll take that before January 1 for sure.

Not much else going on.  I was pretty excited for a good workout, and was in a pretty good mood the whole day.  Lisa and I did a little house work, and I just chilled.  I had a couple drinks, and went to bed early.  I didn't stay up til midnight, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.  :)

Today I have to get a little run in, but nothing major.  Time to start doing push ups and pull ups too.  Time to get focused, and get this thing going.

Here's hoping for a kick ass mother fucking year.   :)    LOL

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day, and year.   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  think I will watch a movie before I run.  :)

Love You All xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya   :D   :D

1 comment:

Damie said...

Nice to meet you! Sounds like a good run, and even better without an injury. Look forward to reading!