Friday, December 14, 2018

Same Old Story

Good morning. How's it going?  I am fine. I am in a bit of a panic. I don't know where my fitbit thing is. I don't take it off at night, and I woke up with it not on my wrist. It realistically could have fallen off anywhere I guess. We went out to dinner too.   :)  I obviously enjoy keeping track of my steps.  If I lost it I'd buy a new one probably.

I got my birth certificates in the mail yesterday, so I am all official like as a person. That too was a thing I was a bit worried about I spose. As far as I know I've never been to Minnesota,  except for some odd reason I was born there.

After calling a random hospital I found out you get MN certificates through the State or something. Fill out a form, and they'll send you one. It's in my fireproof safe. I feel pretty good about getting that done for some strange reason.

Yesterday was okay as days go. We went shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond. I wanted a good set of knives. I was going to spend a good chunk on them too. In the end we realized all we needed was a good bread knife. I do have other good knives, so I saved money there,  and spent a lot on other shit that wasn't even on our radar of things we needed.   ;)

I opened up a savings account. The Discover credit card company is also a bank, and they pay 2%  I put a good chunk there. Also they'll give me $200 free for the amount I deposited three. Free money??  Yes please. My other savings accounts don't pay shit. I have too many banks. It's pretty ridiculous. Chase gave me $500 for jumping through some easy steps, that's why I have that. Discover actually pays interest, so that sold me. Eventually I'll get rid of of a couple. I have 2 more that were my original banks. One took care of the mortgage, which is no more, and one took care of other bills.

So that's that. Not much really going on. I have the next two Sundays off, and I work Monday morning. That is fine. It will be a nice change. 

Not much else on my mind. I pretty much decided I like not having my name tied down. There was some question of would we need to cosign a loan to help Haileys daughter get a house, or actually us taking out the mortgage for them. I realize I like being free of that stuff. We can help with a down payment, but that's it. Their house their signature. Her husband's credit had some dings, but it's been cleared up, and the banker thinks January his numbers should be good. I just don't want to have stuff to worry about you know?  Me being mortgage free is a pretty big deal. My Uncle passing a little over a year ago changed all that for me. He was just living a pretty simple life doing nothing really,  while sitting on A sizeable chunk of assets. John and I did okay in that.

I don't know how much otherwise it changed my life. Financially I am different,  but I don't feel my life is much different. I still work. 2 jobs instead of 3, but that was mostly so I could take one day off/week. Remember last year I had holidays only off. I do enjoy my day off too. I got pretty good raises this year too from both jobs so I make more than last year anyway.

I do like working. For one thing you always have money coming in. Also it helps with a schedule. It works for me, and my heart likes to labor. I feel free at the end of the day to do as I want I spose.

I dunno.

I think I'll take Hope for a little run.

Til next time. 

Laterzzz.    :)

xoxo.     :)

xxoo.    :)

Byeee.    :)))

No comments: