Friday, April 27, 2018

The Week

So, we are finishing up another week. My day to day life doesn't change all too much really. This week my Dad went into the hospital. He left yesterday,  and he seemed in good spirits. I talked to him on the phone everyday this week,  and I think I should do that more.

I kinda go along in my life not really thinking of others too much. I think when I was with my Dad in Chicago I think I felt he should think of other things than he does. Who gives a fuck about the exercise bike?  His life had some missteps,  but he came up in a different age. A farm boy from Iowa. How the fuck he ever thought to go College,  and graduate I have no idea.  He at times made good money, but I think he fell into a trap where he always didn't like working.   He was a sales rep at times for various firms, and I bet he fudged his reports. He was at home a lot I remember.  Then he used to do that paper route too for extra income. I wonder why that was. Maybe cuz he was up by 3:00 AM 365 days/ year so why not? 

He dabbled in real estate, and who knows what else. He falls for every fad that comes along. No stranger to get rich quick, or self help fiction books, tapes and what not. I guess an Iowa boy who now is a product of the Chicago suburbs. When I visited a couple weeks ago I noticed very few houses had ridge vent on their roofs,  so very few houses have had their roofs redone recently. I thought that pretty strange, cuz in West Michigan everyone redoes their roof.

Palatine was a sprawling Suburb that is aging. They have the same Jewel grocery store that hasn't changed in years. Their produce section is better than I've seen around here though.

Anyway the old man is fine,  and he's outlived most of the people in his life. Can't say he's shed a tear about any of it.

Now that I think of it he put a new roof on our house when we were growing up. He also built a professional grade shed with my Grandpa. We used to sleep in the rafters when we would sleep out there in the Summer.

He does fall guilty though seeking honor somewhere where there isn't. There is none in life. If we don't die young we die when we are old. None of our existence is really significant. It's just a thing we were thrown into. Anyway, I think I'll give my Dad a call everyday. No harm in talking a few minutes.

My life goes on. It is Spring, so I have a million plans. I've been getting little things done after work everyday so far. I think we will get a lot done this Summer. We are getting a quote soon for a new driveway. This Sunday I start working every Sunday evening, and will have every Monday off. That should be fun. A Day Off every week too.

Anyway, just getting shit down. It's what I do if I don't  sleep in.

I'll cya. 

xoxo.   :)

xxoo.    :)

No comments: