Saturday, September 2, 2017

Then The Summer Was Over.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am doing good. It is Labor day weekend, and the end of Summer.

A Holiday weekend for a bakery is busy, but us first shifters it was pretty easy, I worked under 40 hours for one of the few times. 39+.  I am afraid the night bakers probably had it tougher. I do remember laughing a lot. About stupid shit. Just being ridiculous. I'd be at home sitting in bed laughing at the stupid shit I found funny this week. I guess it was a good week.

I canned 7 quarts of tomatoes.   It is a pretty time consuming task. From planting the garden to watering to canning is unbelievable. This was my best garden to date. I watered almost every day, and used miracle gro a few times. Canning tomatoes though. So much work.

Get the skin off,  and get the core out of 100 tomatoes or so. Boil it down, and can, and boil for 45 minutes. The downside is any form of tomatoes you buy at the grocery store is pretty cheap. For my labor I probably made 1 cent/hour for the money I saved.

The upside is you made it. It is all you, and you can make whatever you want with it. In that regard it is pretty cool. I'll probably use some for chili, some for spaghetti sauce. Maybe try my hand at salsa, so that's cool.

Also I work for a bit today, and have the next couple days off. It will be like a weekend. A few weeks after that I'll take a vacation. The first part of my vacation I get cameras shoved up my butt. So excited.  :)  then we will do shit around the house. We have a lot to do. It will be a good month. Also on Tuesday we are going to talk to a lady at at the Kia dealership. See about trading in our two vehicles for a new(er) one. We are in a position of it isn't necessary, but we'll check it out. I don't even drive my truck for 2000 miles/ year, so pretty much not necessary. We'll talk though. Soon my commute will be ~1 mile each way instead of 4 miles each way. That makes it less necessary,  but we'll talk like I said. They were really nice. Goes to show you customer service does pay off.

Probably we won't do anything, and maybe revisit in the Spring.

That is about it. The year flew by, and I'd say it's been a good one. We are fine. Our lives are easy. We like our jobs,  and the people we work with. We make more money than we pay out too.

That's a wrap.

Have fun. I may even see you here tomorrow.

xxoo.   :)))

Laterzzz.    :)

No comments: