Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Song For Julia

Good morning all.  I want you all to know someone. Her name is Julia aka Go Big Green.  I have read her blog what is approaching 2 years now.  She is a 2 time IMWI  finisher.  The last two years.  Is that a big deal??  No not to me, but I know some local people go and do the IM in Wisconsin. 

I was thinking this morning earlier that a relationship with me is never easy, when it comes to my blog and me.  Sorry about that, but my relationship with Julia has been pretty easy.  Through her I got to know her friend Angela, and they are all friends with Damie and Jen H, and a slew of other triathletes. 

I have gotten to know Julia pretty well over the last two years.  Her blog is great.  Yeah, it is about training, and about racing, and man is it ever about her life. 

Her life is no picnic either.  I think she is about the same age as me, and she just lost her husband to cancer.  So yeah, she has a tough road ahead of her.  As someone who has dealt with death a couple times I would give her the time frame of one year.  Things will be hard here and there, and one year is the magical time.  The pain subsides.  Life starts getting to feel a little more normal, although it will be without her spouse. 

I want you people to know her.  She is what life, and a blogger's life is all about.  If you don't read her, you should.  You can find her on my Right hand side under Go Big Green.  I even have her link of one of her posts as a must read.  It is called "Ponder this"   I don't remember what it is about.  :)

Drop her a line too if you have the means.  She just lost her husband.  I am sure many of you can relate, as that is the last thing you would want to go through. 

Life is full of things like this.  It is never an easy ride for anyone, and I would like to say here and now, I am glad there are people like Julia in the World.  There are none better, and I am proud to have gotten to know her.   

Yeah, as you can guess, I am no song writer.   ;)

My heart is with her, and my heart is sad, as are all the other people who know and like her.  She is very special, and she will have a ton of support through this.  I am glad for that.  It won't make anything easy by any stretch.  She will have some hard days. 

I am not going to add my signature line, because it doesn't need to be written for me to feel it. 

My best to Julia, and her family for what is going to be a hard time. 

xoxoxoxoxoxo  all.   :)


No comments: