Sunday, February 19, 2012

Solid...

I would have to say my run yesterday was pretty solid.  I jumped the long run up to an 18 miler, and I have to give myself passing grades.  We had a good group yesterday.  Cathy and I ran 6 early before the group started.  We had a good turnout too for Saturday's run.  Ganzi, and Matt (forgot his last name).  Matt ran with us when I first started running.  He was one of the original fast track guys of the group.  He lives in the outskirts of Chicago now so only runs with us when he visits on the weekend.  He runs Riverbank and Bayshore too.  As to my original running group days we all have come a long way.  I remember being one of the slow people along with Nancy W., and now I am middle of the pack.  Nancy will be running her first Boston Marathon, but she is banged up, and has been for at least 3 years, but somehow keeps running.  Not sure what her long runs are now, but nowhere where she wants them.  She ran the Disney Tri (5K, half, full) though so she is used to a lot of miles, so hopefully Boston won't be too hard on her.  Some marathons are just about getting them done though.  Boston was her goal so she can enjoy her day, even if she'll suck by her standards.  :)

Good thing about having Ganzi run is he knows how to go slow.  He can run at any pace.  A couple years ago he broke 3 hours on the hot Bayshore day, and he has no problem running 10,11,12 minute miles on the slow long days.  So we had a big group for our standards who ran together.  Rick talks a lot, and so does Cathy, so there was plenty to listen to.  Rick is doing Comrades again this year, and yesterday was a 12 miler for him, and he'll follow that up today with an 18 miler. 

Nothing much on the run, but I felt good the whole way.  I forgot to eat breakfast, but that doesn't usually matter.  I took a Gu at mile 9, and one at mile 13, and my mind was sharp the whole way.  My legs were getting a bit fatigued, but that is normal.  I ended with the group.  I felt pretty strong the whole way.  I didn't have too many down periods.  The hills seemed a heck-u-va lot easier too.  I swear when the Riverbank comes around we will be ready for the 2nd half.  Hills are getting easier.  I remember talking about how hilly our winter route is, but now you barely notice it. 

Running is crazy like that.  Remember just a short while ago my long runs were 6 milers???  We have upped that a bit.  Glad I took the easy week this week, because I feel pretty good.  I took a few steps forward, and last week, I took a step back, and hopefully now I can go forward again.  I will still be at 36 miles or so this week, and will probably break 40 next week.  March promises to be a big month for me.  A lot of miles.  We have been lucking out with the weather this winter.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  Jerry, Ken, and I will be running 6.4 this morning.  I may play a lotta solitaire after.  :)

Love You All xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya   :D    :D 

1 comment:

Christi said...

Your running is really coming along! Great job!


I am a solitarie junkie as well!