Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A Day.

That's pretty much what yesterday was. I did my typical thing. After work I got a few things done. Did the dishes, filled up the yard bin with more branches and stuff, picked tomatoes, and ran the robot. Little things like that actually mean a lot to me. Just getting stuff done. I had a couple drinks,  and Lisa just picked up dinner. I was too tired to cook.

I slept early, and woke up early. I toyed with sleeping til 5:00, but I was done sleeping, so i figured I'd get up. The benefits of running Hope now are better than laying in bed for no reason. It's a workout day too, so I am not coming home straight from work.  Outside of my workout I don't think I have much to do. After yesterday I guess I decided to clean the house in October. Organize, get rid of shit. We still have another dump pass we can get.

I am so looking forward to October for some reason. I don't know why. I think not drinking for a month will be easy. I never really ever wanted to quit before to my knowledge. I've wanted to drink less I guess, but I really now want to take a month off. The stars just aligned right for a try at Sober October. Alcohol is probably one of the easiest drugs to quit is my guess. It seems to me anyway. It's the only drug I take. Some have to give up alcohol and marijuana. I think those who consistently take marijuana will struggle more. Alcohol will be easy to quit. Marijuana maybe not so much. I'm just going by what others have told me. I've probably smoked marijuana maybe 5 times in the last 30 years. Just not my thing.

Anyway, not much else. I have vacation coming up. One that's my speed. 4 nights away. I don't like long vacations as you know. I pretty much like my routine a lot. It will be nice to get away for a bit. We will just do some sightseeing, and eat, shop some. Shit like that. I do wanna check out any local bakeries while I am there. See what they have and stuff.

One thing I like about vacation is an early morning run, coffee, and read. Probably running coming last, as better to run during daylight in an unfamiliar town. Pretty soon after that it will be October. October is no drinking, and then November. Thanksgiving and Christmas to soon follow. All of a sudden it will be January. Then February. It's not too far away is it. 

What will my life look like then?  What challenges can I have before me?  I will worry about October first I guess. I am so excited for it in a strange way.

Outside that not much. It's hard to find challenges for a 53 year old guy huh?  We are past our prime. My legs no longer stay healthy for running goals. I don't have the desire to be a huge workout guy. Good thing I like my routine. At the end of the day I like my life.  I have nothing to escape from. I can handle life head on, because my life is easy. I have no fear or anxiety toward the future.

I've been given the winning ticket in life. It isn't grand accomplishments,  or big time popularity. I am just cool with stuff. I am not really very sociable I guess outside of work. I don't need to be. I am fine at home doing my own thing. I am never really bored. I am busy with stuff, and I generally feel pretty good.

Anyway, another update about nothing. 

I am sure it's a fun read.    :)

Laterzzzzzzzz.    :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeee.      :)))



No comments: